Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are current new ICE car buyers in for a huge depreciation surprise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bloomberg reports that Tesla has overtaken GM in market cap and that 2/3rds of all new car sales were SUV sales:
Sounds like the stock market is betting on Tesla's success, while the street is still in the past century--buying up gas burning SUVs. I wonder what's going to happen to the value of those SUVs and other ICE cars in just a few years after the streets will start filling with new self driving EV's starting in mid 30s. I personally think that any new expensive ICE car buyer is in for a huge risk for additional depreciation due to future decrease in the demand for gas burning vehicles.
The rate of additional depreciation will eventually increase, but I think it'll be too slow to notice. EV adoption won't be a disruptive bolt that'll occur with the release of the Model 3. It will be a gradual adoption, and ICE sales will mirror that with a gradual decline.

Check out this Tesla S for sale and how people are acting tesla fans not ICE owners Sorry dont know how to stick it here but look this up

For Sale: 2017 Model S 75 - Loaded - Free Supercharging - SunTek Wrapped

The internet is a big place, so you're going to have to give us a little help if you want us to see what you saw. I typed "For Sale: 2017 Model S 75 - Loaded - Free Supercharging - SunTek Wrapped" into google.com and didn't come up with anything that looked like it matched.

On TMC, if you want to link somewhere, just paste the URL from your browser into your reply. TMC will take care of the rest for you. Although, having said that, I see that you just have 3 posts, so maybe the anti-spam measures on TMC are keeping you from posting URLs in you replies. Those are lifted after a while.

Wondering if it was here on TMC that you were referring to, I checked the For Sale section and found For Sale: 2017 Model S 75 - Loaded - Free Supercharging - SunTek Wrapped. Frankly, a low quality for sale listing (one that has: "Price: Best Offer") is going to get a lot of low quality responses. Similar to if the seller had listed the vehicle with a selling price of the original list price, they would have gotten a lot of criticism. General guidance would be to put a realistic sale price on your listing and you won't get many jokes from the "peanut gallery".