Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are customers-orders w/ pending trade-in transactions preferred to cash sale when Tesla prioritizes VIN assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsredmond

Plug her in with blue shade @ no extra charge!
Oct 19, 2021
Redmond
I have a trade-in valuation from Tesla, but if I opt-out, will Tesla push my delivery over the cliff?

- Tesla trade-in doesn't factor my factory warranty (extended) covering labor and parts 4 more years!
- Tesla didn't look at my car, pictures, so, its just a VIN

- And online estimates (@rough-wholesale) are $2500 more

And finally, an SA at dealership responded that I would be de-prioritized if I don't trade-it to Tesla...
Can the community verify?

I have a trade-in valuation from Tesla, but if I opt-out, will Tesla push my delivery over the cliff?

- Tesla trade-in doesn't factor my factory warranty (extended) covering labor and parts 4 more years!
- Tesla didn't look at my car, pictures, so, its just a VIN

- And online estimates (@rough-wholesale) are $2500 more

And finally, an SA at dealership responded that I would be de-prioritized if I don't trade-it to Tesla...
Can the community verify?
No. Cash is king.

Another example of a SA not knowing what they are talking about.

I completed my pick up location, trade-in details (Tesla), and payment option (cash) on Dec 02 and I was given a pick up date of March-April 2022.
When I received the trade-in quote ($20,000 below market value), I declined the trade-in, and my pick up date changed to TBD for 2 weeks, then became July 2022. Another week later, it is back to TBD.