Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are early access functions optional in each ride?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want early access program but my spouse does not. Can navigate on autopilot FSD be used with an option to turn the early access functions on or off in each ride?

Early Access is by invitation only and last we heard, Early Access was full. So unless, Tesla sends you a personal invitation or changes how Early Access works, you are not getting in.

Navigate on AP is already released to the general public if you have FSD (or the now defunct Enhanced Autopilot). It can be turned on or off in the Autopilot settings. So yes, if you have Navigate on AP, you can turn it on when you drive and your spouse can turn it off when she drives.

Thank you for your time. I just want to point out to other responders that you did not answer my question.

To clarify, I want to know if I can run navigate on autopilot with early release functions optionally on (for me) or off (for my spouse).

Thank you for your time. I just want to point out to other responders that you did not answer my question.

To clarify, I want to know if I can run navigate on autopilot with early release functions optionally on (for me) or off (for my spouse).

No one knows who doesn't have early access and those that have it can't discuss how it operates due to an NDA.

Most Tesla features have toggle switches but within a feature it is hard to say. You likely are asking a question no one can answer.

Actually, I did try to answer your question but I am having trouble figuring out what you are trying to say. What do you mean by early release functions? Are you talking about Early Access features? Are you asking if you have an early access feature that is part of Nav on AP, if you can toggle that feature on for you and off for your wife? Early Access is a program that Tesla has to invite you into. Are you in the Early Access program? If not, then it is a moot point because you won't have access to any early access features no matter what.

Quite hard to answer without knowing what feature you're talking about, but I think the short answer is "no" and the longer answer is "it depends" (whether you're in early access program, what the current early access feature being tested is, etc). The navigate on autopilot part of your question is hard to answer because I'm not sure of what early access feature you're referring to.

Thank you. I will reply to the invitation email to ask Tesla...

It really will depend on the feature. For example, enhanced summon is currently in early access. That's a feature separate from Nav on AP. If you get Enhanced Summon thanks to Early Access, you can use it and your wife can choose not to use it. That won't be an issue. If Tesla releases an early access feature for Nav on AP, it might be an option like the auto lane change without confirmation that you can toggle on or off. That won't be an issue either. But it might be a deeper change to Nav on AP like how NOA handles an exit that is part of the system that you won't be able to toggle on or off. Although in that case, you could just toggle NOA itself on or off if it really matters that much.

In most cases, it will be a non issue but I am not sure that Tesla will be able to promise that you will always be able to toggle early access features on or off depending on whether you or your wife is driving. Remember that Early Access means you get access to features still in development. Those features could be anything from new NOA to Enhanced Summon to the traffic light feature or new buttons on your screen.