Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are existing owners still getting priority?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed from the tracking spreadsheet that existing owners (who reserved recently - like march/april) were only having to wait a couple weeks from reservation to configure. So I put in a reservation a few weeks ago and still have not received config invite. I called Tesla today and they told me it's now "several months" wait time for existing owners!

Not trying to sound like I'm complaining (I know many have been waiting 2 years)...just wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

Any other existing owners reserved recently and received invite shortly thereafter?? TIA

I would expect current owners to still get priority. Imagine totaling your Tesla and not being able to order a replacement for 1-2 years unless it were a Model S/X?

I know it’s not exactly “fair” from the perspective of non-owners anxiously awaiting their 3’s, but I don’t see current owners as a huge factor in delaying non-owner cars at this point.

I noticed from the tracking spreadsheet that existing owners (who reserved recently - like march/april) were only having to wait a couple weeks from reservation to configure. So I put in a reservation a few weeks ago and still have not received config invite. I called Tesla today and they told me it's now "several months" wait time for existing owners!

Not trying to sound like I'm complaining (I know many have been waiting 2 years)...just wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

Any other existing owners reserved recently and received invite shortly thereafter?? TIA

If you reserved as an OWNER the email you get SAYS in it you get priority. Yes you get priority if you got that email which says that. The site FAQ said it as of several weeks ago. You have to be patient, invites go out in batches and some batches seem to be Canada only. The wait ATM seems to be about a month.