TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Are existing owners still getting priority?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by foops, May 4, 2018.

1. foops

foops Member

I noticed from the tracking spreadsheet that existing owners (who reserved recently - like march/april) were only having to wait a couple weeks from reservation to configure. So I put in a reservation a few weeks ago and still have not received config invite. I called Tesla today and they told me it's now "several months" wait time for existing owners!

Not trying to sound like I'm complaining (I know many have been waiting 2 years)...just wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

Any other existing owners reserved recently and received invite shortly thereafter?? TIA

2. kev1n

kev1n Member

it feels like they stopped US deliveries or limiting them and focusing on Canada, probably to push the $7500 to Q3

• Like x 4
  3. Mxbzz

Mxbzz Member

It took a little over a month for me to get an invite (2/25 - 4/6). I’d give it about 6 weeks, otherwise US invites do seem to have slowed down recently.

• Like x 1
  4. kev1n

kev1n Member

@ebmcs03 you disagree with my post yet you dont say anything? lol

5. RedMS

RedMS Member

I placed a deposit at end of March. Still nothing. Current owner. No big deal though since I’m holding out for SR anyway

6. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

LoL. I was thinking it’s like Facebook. Thumbs down. I don’t like the fact that tesla is shipping to Canada to push 200k to Q3. I want my car today.

7. Drax

Drax Member

I would expect current owners to still get priority. Imagine totaling your Tesla and not being able to order a replacement for 1-2 years unless it were a Model S/X?

I know it’s not exactly “fair” from the perspective of non-owners anxiously awaiting their 3’s, but I don’t see current owners as a huge factor in delaying non-owner cars at this point.

8. firelegend

firelegend Member

If you reserved as an OWNER the email you get SAYS in it you get priority. Yes you get priority if you got that email which says that. The site FAQ said it as of several weeks ago. You have to be patient, invites go out in batches and some batches seem to be Canada only. The wait ATM seems to be about a month.

9. firelegend

firelegend Member

I am glad they are doing it, puts the car within more people reach financially. I wouldn't scoff at a tax credit.