Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are ISA delivering the cars to you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not clear on one thing, are the ISA working at the service centers where we are getting our cars delivered, or are they remote?
I didn't quite follow my last conversation with my ISA who mentioned discrepancies between what he can see in the system (my car being on the other side of the country), and what the "ground team" reports (delivery tomorrow).
I had assumed the ISA was working locally, isn't that the case?

thanks, I just got confirmation of that as somebody local other than my ISA called me today to rescheduled my delivery date.
he wasn't able to tell me where the car currently was or when it was scheduled to arrive, not the best feeling for a car that has been fully paid for weeks now.
meanwhile, ISA was supposed to give me an update this weekend or latest first thing this morning, but he's nowhere to be found.

...nowhere to be found.

I took delivery in California while my ISA was in Nevada. Her job was to make sure paperwork was all lined up by working over the phone then she gave handed my case over to a delivery team in California so I wouldn't be able to meet her at the delivery locally.

Don't worry. You'll get your car but it just may take a little more patience from you.

Don't worry. You'll get your car but it just may take a little more patience from you.

It's not a question of impatience or getting worried:
  • here in Texas, we pay for the car 100% before it is shipped, being asked to send proof of insurance a week before delivery date, etc... depending on your situation, you may be paying for both your current and new car payments/insurance, while customer service can't tell you where you car is even located
  • I found a buyer for my car last week and took the opportunity to sell it (I had a delivery scheduled for tomorrow), being told only today not to come because the car isn't in town yet; "where is it?" "I don't know, our system is not reliable"
  • Some of us have jobs, we schedule time off to get the car, and again being told at last minute about rescheduling is not ideal; CS acts as if you don't have a life "OK, you're rescheduled for that day, that time... and if your car shows up before, we'll give you a new time"; but if for some reason, you're the one not able to make the appointment because you're out of town, you risk for your car to be assigned to somebody else, and be back in the queue
So... definitely not ideal, cost of being an early adopter I suppose