Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are leather seats in a Model X worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I am considering not getting Leather seats in my planned Model X order due to the price of them. I know that in the Model S the next generation seats are more plushy than the multpattern seats. Do the cloths seats and the leather seats in the Model X feel the same? Or are the leather seats plushier then multipatterns?

Thanks, Sam

Hi everyone!

I am considering not getting Leather seats in my planned Model X order due to the price of them. I know that in the Model S the next generation seats are more plushy than the multpattern seats. Do the cloths seats and the leather seats in the Model X feel the same? Or are the leather seats plushier then multipatterns?

Thanks, Sam

They have small samples of it in the store. I've never sat in one without the Next Gen seats, but they are comfortable. They will also be easier to clean than the multi pattern for spills and such.

Hi everyone!

Thanks, Sam
I'm 2.5 months and 3000 miles into our X and have no complaints about our "Vegan" cloth seats. Time will tell though, of course.

I did some comparison at the sc but the X is my first "high end" vehicle so I really hadn't developed much in the way of discernment. My primary point is that I have, as of yet, no regrets with the cloth seats.

Thank you for giving me some advice that should be useful later on. But I haven't really understood whether or not the cloth seats are less comfortable/puffy than the leather seats. Did you feel any difference?

Thanks, Sam

Thank you for giving me some advice that should be useful later on. But I haven't really understood whether or not the cloth seats are less comfortable/puffy than the leather seats. Did you feel any difference?

Thanks, Sam

I havent tried the cloth seats but i dont think there should be any difference in confort since its just the material covering the seat.

I havent tried the cloth seats but i dont think there should be any difference in confort since its just the material covering the seat.

I would have to disagree. That analogy is like sleeping on a bed with jeans being the bed sheet material. Though bed is soft, not soft to touch.

OP, consider the value of multi pattern seats when it's time to resell. Will there be any value retained? You may be able to charge $1000 more and end up really costing you $1500 for the seats.