TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are leather seats in a Model X worth it?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by SamPolz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Hi everyone!

I am considering not getting Leather seats in my planned Model X order due to the price of them. I know that in the Model S the next generation seats are more plushy than the multpattern seats. Do the cloths seats and the leather seats in the Model X feel the same? Or are the leather seats plushier then multipatterns?

Thanks, Sam

2. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

They have small samples of it in the store. I've never sat in one without the Next Gen seats, but they are comfortable. They will also be easier to clean than the multi pattern for spills and such.

3. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I'm 2.5 months and 3000 miles into our X and have no complaints about our "Vegan" cloth seats. Time will tell though, of course.

4. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Thanks Robert! I'm sure that that when you were considering buying a Model X you sat in the leather seats, did you feel any differences in the pushiness and comfort?

Thanks, Sam

5. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Plushiness* I meant

6. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I did some comparison at the sc but the X is my first "high end" vehicle so I really hadn't developed much in the way of discernment. My primary point is that I have, as of yet, no regrets with the cloth seats.

7. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Thank you for giving me some advice that should be useful later on. But I haven't really understood whether or not the cloth seats are less comfortable/puffy than the leather seats. Did you feel any difference?

Thanks, Sam

8. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Thank you for giving me some advice that should be useful later on. But I haven't really understood whether or not the cloth seats are less comfortable/puffy than the leather seats. Did you feel any difference?

Thanks, Sam

9. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

You might find something in this thread usefull:
    Black Multipattern seats

I would also do a search of the Model S forums. Almost everyone who got the textile seats were happy.

10. electricity

electricity Member

I havent tried the cloth seats but i dont think there should be any difference in confort since its just the material covering the seat.

11. Diavel

Diavel Member

I would have to disagree. That analogy is like sleeping on a bed with jeans being the bed sheet material. Though bed is soft, not soft to touch.

OP, consider the value of multi pattern seats when it's time to resell. Will there be any value retained? You may be able to charge $1000 more and end up really costing you $1500 for the seats.