Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are many people here using a model 3 to tow a small travel trailer?

A small travel trailer like a Scamp 13, Casita or various teardrops tends to weigh about 1700 lbs or less. I was wondering if anyone here has some experience with that sort of towing? I believe that quite a few people (in California and maybe elsewhere) have had Stealth brand hitches installed on their model 3. I did that with my 2018 AWD LR model 3. Based on various specs such as horsepower and torque, it seems like the model 3 should be able to tow 1600 lbs or so without issue even up steep hills. Does anyone here have any experience with that?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC