Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are my expectations too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completed my order 12 days ago with the system telling me to expect 2 weeks for delivery. Since then crickets except for a salesperson at Lawrence Ave Toronto confirming that the promised delivery dates are accurate.

Should I have been expecting some updates along the way in terms of a VIN assignment or delivery date? Or should I just be continuing my impatient wait :)

Completed my order 12 days ago with the system telling me to expect 2 weeks for delivery. Since then crickets except for a salesperson at Lawrence Ave Toronto confirming that the promised delivery dates are accurate.

Should I have been expecting some updates along the way in terms of a VIN assignment or delivery date? Or should I just be continuing my impatient wait :)
Maybe you can give them 2 more days...

I'm assuming you mean 12 regular days and not 12 business days. Have you completed all the paperwork yet? Took them 9 business days to get my paperwork sent to me which seems a little crazy but once that's done things happen pretty quick. Had the car dropped off to my house in Fredericton one week after paperwork was completed. So you'll probably be quicker than that being in Kingston. My sales person also said the same thing, should have it in 2 weeks. Turned out to be 3. I know waiting sucks but it will be worth it.

Reactions: madmax240
Yes. Keep waiting. My “4-8 weeks” last summer took about 14 weeks. I think they are focusing on overseas production and or are building them in batches so it may depend on your configuration. I’ve heard that 4-6 weeks is more common recently, so hang in there! I know the waiting is hard once you’ve pulled the trigger though!

It took one month + 3 days for mine. TODAY is the day!!
Initial communication was extremely poor. Had a Source VIN, then it disappeared.
Got a different DES and it was Night/Day. Absolutely terrific after that. Got a new VIN. Payed & signed paperwork. Part of my delay, about a week, was the Wrap & Ceramic as well as the long weekend. Give it time. They really should say 3 weeks, not two.

upload_2019-9-5_11-48-59.png

It’s been two weeks no VIN yet and been 1 week no wall charger shipment number arrived. Very cold response from Lawrence location and poorest customer service. In past I faced with longer waiting for other ca but service to support such waiting was great but not happening in Tesla order .

lol

yes. I waited 4 months.

Current owners call it "The wait"

After placing your order, Tesla normally goes radio silent.

Will not go back and forth with customer, but dilligently goes about the business of producing and getting your car ready for delivery.

When the car is about ready, they will reach out and ask you to complete your tasks necessary to effect delivery and arrange payment.

Then the magic happens, and people's lives change.

Reactions: mikeB87