Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are other OEM's using Tesla Superchargers already in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Lets also remember traditional car manufacturers have been developing their traditional ways for nearly 100 years...

Quoting 0-60 mph times... mainly to attract more money & buyers.

Tesla turned up (pretty much out the blue) and is now SMASHING them all into the dust with 0-60 times that is nothing more than Alien Technology.

Some 'supercar' manufacturers are not now quoting 0-60mph times... because they are the same or worse than a Tesla family saloon car

Nobody can tell me this isn't impressive.

What I despise about the car industry is it's unwillingness to move away from the cash-cow. Thousands of crappy inefficient components all waiting to fail, mechanics slopping through buckets of bolt on parts until something works, ripoff garages & service schedules,... as far as I'm concerned it can all go to hell 😁👍
I can tell you that isn't impressive. EV by nature can achieve better 0-60 times because of low end power. It's just a gimmick. And one which people, including myself I admit, fall for. Once you get past that and the quirky but not exactly effective "Tech" Tesla vehicle look very substandard at their price point.

Reactions: MrBadger
In my opinion, Tesla do not want to be a car manufacturer. They're a technology company.

Elon Musk does not want to be CEO of a car manufacturer...

The Supercharging network is only there to get EV's viable and to 'show the way' ... Elon has already lifted a lot of Tesla Patent designs for all to use.

I bought a Tesla Model 3 because of the Technology, Fun, Performance & Tesla power eco-system. Powerwalls, Solar, Gateway, home charging.

Tesla have a holistic advanced & proactive engineering design strategy.

Everybody else is losing or copying. Nobody is ahead of Tesla. That's why I invested in all their kit for my life right now.

It really isn't just about cars, panels gaps & superchargers. Which is 100% boring to Elon Musk, why do you think his cars have Fart Mode, sound like UFO's, dance and play games.

Cars are boring... from a man who makes rockets work 😁
I’m very impressed that you know exactly what the Musk is thinking. Or do you?

Not everyone is interested in the technology or the performance. The fact is that my M3P has poor build quality, the wipers are crap, the auto headlights are not fit for purpose, the front seats are not nearly supportive enough for a car of this performance. The car is way too noisy and unrefined at anything over 30mph for a car in this price range.

FSD, which I invested in, is currently a complete waste of money, and anyone who thinks level 4 autonomy is coming to this country anytime soon is destined for disappointment. The Musk has spent years telling us that the next iteration of hardware or the next software release is going to solve everything, but his predictions are even less reliable than a 1970’s Binatone radio. He hasn’t got a clue.

Which is why my next car will absolutely not be a Tesla. Just as the SuC network encouraged some people to buy a Tesla, the fact that other marques will soon be able to use the network has encouraged me to dump Tesla without a second thought.