Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are panel gaps not fixable by tesla mobile service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received Model Y and saw some minor panel gaps, nothing serious or anything but the fact that I know it's there and I can see it figured I should just fix it since it's not >1000 miles/ 72 hours. I requested service initially for some window trim alignment but when I requested the panel gap it basically said you had to bring it in for service. I thought from what I read the tesla mobile service can fix the car from your home, is that not the case?

Just received Model Y and saw some minor panel gaps, nothing serious or anything but the fact that I know it's there and I can see it figured I should just fix it since it's not >1000 miles/ 72 hours. I requested service initially for some window trim alignment but when I requested the panel gap it basically said you had to bring it in for service. I thought from what I read the tesla mobile service can fix the car from your home, is that not the case?
Had same issue when I got my MYP earlier September. It depends what’s being fixed they may ask you to bring it in. Guy on phone says service center (Springfield) will be better incase mobile comes out and can’t adjust it enough.
Also I think it was 100 miles or 72 hours just make sure you report it in that timeframe so they have it on record.

they put it on mobile but it kept switching to SC because the gaps mentioned may need it to be brought in. Even tho they were minor.

@HastroX , did you ever take the car in to get the gap issue fixed? How’d it go? Recently Tesla fixed my significant gap / alignment issue by sending vehicle to a certified body shop.