Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are refreshed Arachnids forged or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know on my black ones the paint appears to be applied with nothing better than a spray pack :oops:, I've never seen so many paint chips on wheels before and I only drive on sealed roads.

Question, TMC says you from Australia. How are able to get the new Model S Refresh (aka Plaid and Long Range)? This thread is for the new Arachnid wheels that come with the new Refresh Model S.

As for the older ones, my black arachnid wheels are the black referral wheels, which I believe were powder coated and not from a rattle can (or you call spray pack). Do you have the black referral Arachnid wheels?

Question, TMC says you from Australia. How are able to get the new Model S Refresh (aka Plaid and Long Range)? This thread is for the new Arachnid wheels that come with the new Refresh Model S.

As for the older ones, my black arachnid wheels are the black referral wheels, which I believe were powder coated and not from a rattle can (or you call spray pack). Do you have the black referral Arachnid wheels?
Ok sorry I should not have hijacked the 'refresh' thread, I am indeed talking about the pre Plaid model black Arachnid wheels.
My wheels are indeed the referral ones, I don't want to take over the thread further and derail it but this is what I am talking about. It is like this on all four wheels. The car has very low miles and only travels on sealed roads, sadly every time I wash it I see more. I'm really not sure what is going on.

Chips.png

Ok sorry I should not have hijacked the 'refresh' thread, I am indeed talking about the pre Plaid model black Arachnid wheels.
My wheels are indeed the referral ones, I don't want to take over the thread further and derail it but this is what I am talking about. It is like this on all four wheels. The car has very low miles and only travels on sealed roads, sadly every time I wash it I see more. I'm really not sure what is going on.

View attachment 695508
Did the pre refresh arachnids come in black from Tesla? I thought Silver was the only/original color. Did yours get some sort of aftermarket black coating?

Did the pre refresh arachnids come in black from Tesla? I thought Silver was the only/original color. Did yours get some sort of aftermarket black coating?
Referral award ones were silver, and black are currently available for $6K in the Tesla shop. I think the silver ones were also available for $6K in the Tesla shop at some point in the past but not anymore.

Reactions: viper2ko