Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are RWD really being fulfilled within 4 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered white and picked up in Fremont. It was already there I think last week. Just got it home. All looks great. Couldn’t get Homelink working though. I had no problem with my 2007 Acura or my wife’s 2011 BMW. But this car must be too smart to cooperate with a Genie opener.
Crouch down and hold remote horizontally and close to bumper. Lucy didn’t seem to like the remote talking down to her.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
I ordered a Red LR RWD on Oct 8 and have a delivery scheduled this week (in Atlanta, no less). Don’t want to jinx it but it seems like they weren’t kidding about the less than 4 weeks thing. My assigned VIN has a Oct 8 production date so it isn’t like they were just sitting on a cache of them.

Reactions: Dana1
I know - 5 days is not a long time, but I just figured something would have happened by now. I guess my biggest concern is that I missed checking a box or something on my order form and that nothing is happening because I screwed up.
You should have received an email message from Tesla with subject line "Thank you for your order." If you did, you're fine. If you didn't, something is amiss. You may want to check spam folder, confirm what email address you gave Tesla, etc.

Hello. Just ordered on the 2nd, LR RWD, Blue with no EAP. Hope it is 4 weeks!!
I ordered the same day as you, but received a MSM 10 days after that (October production). Perhaps, all the blue cars were spoken for before you clicked buy, and the paint shop switched to a different color. Then add an extra 3 days to Los Angeles, and maybe the backlog at the delivery center.

I have a full success story. I feel for people who have had issues, but I am fortunate to have made it through exactly as the process should have worked.

Oct. 8 - Ordered LR RWD, Red, EAP
Oct. 9 - First IDA Contact, delivery appointment scheduled for 10/27
Oct. 19 - VIN in account, window sticker (Monroney) received from IDA. IDA stated production date 10/8, same as my order. Delivery moved to 10/25 based on scheduled car arrival on 10/23.
Oct 23 - IDA confirmed car arrival at delivery center
Oct 24 - Delivery center called to confirm appointment
Oct 25 - Took delivery!

I ordered the same day as you, but received a MSM 10 days after that (October production). Perhaps, all the blue cars were spoken for before you clicked buy, and the paint shop switched to a different color. Then add an extra 3 days to Los Angeles, and maybe the backlog at the delivery center.

My goodness. My bad. I meant the 22nd!!!! I still haven't heard anything. I'm gonna call tomorrow I guess.

My goodness. My bad. I meant the 22nd!!!! I still haven't heard anything. I'm gonna call tomorrow I guess.
I did not hear anything until Day 8 6PM, so you should be okay. Just do all paperwork online next even if you did things in the store. Sales pretty much hands off until the delivery team pick up your order. Day 9 trade-in finalized and insurance setup. Day 10 they were they called at the start of my delivery window confirming that I’m home.

I did not hear anything until Day 8 6PM, so you should be okay. Just do all paperwork online next even if you did things in the store. Sales pretty much hands off until the delivery team pick up your order. Day 9 trade-in finalized and insurance setup. Day 10 they were they called at the start of my delivery window confirming that I’m home.

Aweosme. Sounds pretty quick and easy. Just a little worried because someone on the phone said that submitting a case can delay the process for weeks =/

Ordered LR RWD Blue 18in on 10/21. Updated to LR RWD Red 18in on 10/27 morning. I got VIN assigned by the evening of 10/27 and delivery scheduled tentatively for 11/15.

FolesVsBrady, were you an early reservation holder, or did you just place the order recently without a reservation. I also live in Michigan, and I changed my MR RWD that I ordered on October 19th to an LR AWD on 10/25, the extra 1K savings on AWD and the hope of getting it before the end of the year prompted the change. I'm hopeful, let's see.

FolesVsBrady, were you an early reservation holder, or did you just place the order recently without a reservation. I also live in Michigan, and I changed my MR RWD that I ordered on October 19th to an LR AWD on 10/25, the extra 1K savings on AWD and the hope of getting it before the end of the year prompted the change. I'm hopeful, let's see.

Not a reservation holder. Call up the Tesla store and ask if they have any in stock. They told me today that they have a LR RWD silver with 18 in Cincinnati, an AWD Blue with 19in in Vegas and an AWD Red with 19in in Atlanta. Not sure if they are still available, but worth a call.