Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are scale models still being given at delivery? :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that's weird is there are no scale models of any Tesla cars. I never built car models, but would like to make the Tesla family. Nothing exists. I don't know if Tesla is being boycotted by the model makers (who do have licensing arrangements with car companies to make car models) or if Tesla is declining offers to produce plastic kit of their cars.

What do you mean by scale models?

On the official site, they have pre-facelift Model S, facelift Model S, and the Model X for sale.
Example: Diecast 1:18 Scale Model X P100D

Hot Wheels and Matchbox also create a cheaper version.

Where are these delivery centers that are hiding them in the frunk, center console, glove box, etc? In San Diego, they were sitting and waiting for us on the tables where the paperwork was finalized, so you knew you were supposed to get one. If they are hidden out of view to be found later, I'm sure a lot of people who never realized they were supposed to get one.
Fremont- mine was “hiding” in the center console.

What do you mean by scale models?

On the official site, they have pre-facelift Model S, facelift Model S, and the Model X for sale.
Example: Diecast 1:18 Scale Model X P100D

Hot Wheels and Matchbox also create a cheaper version.

I'm talking about a plastic assembly model you put together and paint yourself. Most sports cars have them out there on the market as well as a lot of race cars. Some other cars have models too.

Here is one for the BMW i8:
Scalehobbyist.com: BMW i8 by Revell of Germany
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...MIseKphaD62gIVD-C9Ch3P4wzNEAQYASABEgKfFPD_BwE
Here is one for a 1976 Chevy Caprice:
https://www.amazon.com/76-Chevy-Caprice-with-Trailer/dp/B005H3GWOI

Building it from a kit, you can modify the kit as you want to make a specific car. I'd like to make a Model S look like my car. I may have to tweak a kit of a P100D, but it wouldn't take much.

• Informative
Reactions: Marsnaut
I think they have been a bit haphazard about who got them.
It does seem like it was timed to be the "line waiter gift", but maybe doled out a lit more randomly than intended.

I'm kind of a sucker for little scale models of the cars i own... I made reservation on first day. Are they still giving these out at time of delivery?

If not, I'll probably ante up on eBay or something.

Thanks,
Jeff

What??? They will give me a scale model of our Model 3 when it is delivered???

They gave me one when I got the Model S, but they called it a Key Fob so I could use the car without a key.

And here I thought I was only getting a Credit Card sized Model 3 Key. Plus the ability to get frustrated by a Phone App on my phone. Hey, a new use of the term "Car Phone", A scale model of the 3 that is also a phone. At least it will be more practical than Agent 86's shoe phone, and who wears a tie, or sock guarder any more. Maybe a belt phone with blue tooth. That would have been more practical back then, but it was not available at that time.