TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are seats and or sound system upgradeable?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nland7, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Nland7

Nland7 Member

If I purchase a 15' model s with textile seats and factory audio system can those be upgraded to next generation seats and high fidelity sound system? And if so anyone know the cost that would be associated with making those changes?

Thanks in advance...

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I think next gen seats are about $6k upgrade.

You can get Rues audio for maybe $3.5k, which I hear is much better than the upgraded Tesla audio.

3. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

Listen to the standard audio system. Unless you have a need for throbbing bass, IMO the standard system is excellent. I am an amateur musician (serious guitar player/singer) and to my ears the standard system is very accurate. My professional musician brother commented that he felt the system was one of the best car audio systems he had ever heard. If you need more bass, the the Reuss upgrade with subwoofer should meet your needs.

• Like x 1
  4. Ashkenaz

Ashkenaz Member

I'm happy to hear this- I've had far more "audio anxiety" than "range anxiety" about my inbound 70D.

5. RamshakleZ

RamshakleZ Member

I was on the fence about the std sound system... decided to keep it std and I'm very happy with it. There is an aftermarket sub which can be easily put in the trunk if you want more bass but imho the std system is A-OK as is.

6. kort677

kort677 Active Member

IMHO the biggest improvements to the sound system would be some sort of preamp because the system doesn't sound great at lower volume and needs to be cranked up to 5 or 6 to sound good. while this is ok for solo driving it inhibits conversation with passengers.
    as for seating while the newer seats are a big improvement I lust for a reccaro type seat for the model s