Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Service Centers Competent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
imagine how much better the tesla experience would be if he (or someone in charge) concentrated on the areas that need improvement.

they just ignore them. what are they doing, in advance, to ensure that parts are always available and that service centers have enough cap to support the userbase?

the wait times are unacceptable, from the stories I keep reading, here. a good ceo can see this and plan for it. they certainly can't say that money is a problem; so why aren't they being pro-active? I blame the ceo position since the buck stops there and if he insists on being in full control, then you get full blame when you dont meet the needs of the customers.

tesla has the worst customer service in the industry. to me, that means they are not spending their money in the right ways. again, clear sign of the guy in control being too distracted to do any ONE job, 100%. he's human, and he should just give it up and let someone else take over.

New member here, Hi....

So I am just starting to research an EV and am interested in the MY or forgive me, the Mach-e. One area that is of a concern regarding Tesla products is service. From what I have read elsewhere it really depends on the specific service center - some are competent; some are not. Is this typical? What is the consensus? Forgive me if this is a taboo subject....

Thanks in advance....

New member here, Hi....

So I am just starting to research an EV and am interested in the MY or forgive me, the Mach-e. One area that is of a concern regarding Tesla products is service. From what I have read elsewhere it really depends on the specific service center - some are competent; some are not. Is this typical? What is the consensus? Forgive me if this is a taboo subject....

Thanks in advance....
Many people have complained regarding tesla service.
It makes sense that Service is the last part of a somewhat new corp to get right.
Especially one that is growing at such an amazing pace.
Ford has it's own problems with service. Especially for EVs.
Think about it. Their mechanics are used to ICE vehicles.

For me the possible Service disappointments are well overshadowed by the superior engineering. Add to that the Super charging stations and the Mach E ( FOR ME) is not even a possibility.
Research the two vehicles and compare heir stats.
Tesla is literally years ahead in design. That is not only my opinion ( I really don't matter) but the opinion of a well regarded Automotive Engineer Sandy Munroe.

Here's an article and video where he tears down the heating system of both vehicles for exam.
This is a good example

New member here, Hi....

Thanks in advance....
well, given that no one but tesla fixes teslas (under warranty) and OOW work is hella expensive, by buying a tesla you should know that service is not gonna be as smooth as an established player who already has been doing (and admittedly abusing) service for decades upon decades.

I like my car but I pray it never needs service beyond simple things. especially now with parts shortages.

elon really should have built out the service and support network (which includes making spare parts) more. its the business guy's JOB to do that and they get a D- grade on it, by most accounts.

just be aware of it. the car is fun, most of the time, and there is currently little competition. but its not all roses and sunshine. just be aware and read up on all the good and bad.

Reactions: kavyboy
Interesting thread, but I have to say when you are spending what it takes to purchase....say a MYLR, you should expect the same level of quality and service if you purchased any other luxury SUV. That certainly should be the goal, and no excuses. And if there is a gap (and lets be clear, there is) it should be addressed at all levels of the enterprise.

The 'problem' if that the the correct terminology is that Tesla can't fill the orders they already have, so it will delay dealing with the underlying weakness in the product offering and support systems. It is way easier to implement processes and procedures when the company is small; not so easy when huge.

Without fixing these issues, it will provide an opportunity for others to catch up and surpass; we have seen this time and again in similar and other industries.

Reactions: linux-works
For me the possible Service disappointments are well overshadowed by the superior engineering. Add to that the Super charging stations and the Mach E ( FOR ME) is not even a possibility.
Research the two vehicles and compare heir stats.
Tesla is literally years ahead in design. That is not only my opinion ( I really don't matter) but the opinion of a well regarded Automotive Engineer Sandy Munroe.

Here's an article and video where he tears down the heating system of both vehicles for exam.
This is a good example

Yes, like this brilliant piece of homedepot engineering:

1628782882467.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Nakk and AquaY
Yes, like this brilliant piece of homedepot engineering:

View attachment 695680
Ok we all know this is either an urban legend....or was early days of M3 and they did the best they could.

With that said, they suck. They scratched my rear bumper when I finally got an appt after 6 weeks to fix my telescoping steering wheel motor which failed and was jammed all the way forward. They fixed gaps by nearly having my hood almost rub the right side fender now...made it worse...yeah, they aren't the most competent or careful.

Elon's service/delivery and communications are garbage as a company.

Reactions: Cheburashka