Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Service Centers Still Open???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any threads on the topic saying otherwise, but I assume service centers are still open across the country? I've seen that auto repair shops are considered critical.
The reason I ask is that I live in New Hampshire and I have a 90 minute drive to a service center just outside of Boston on Monday. I really don't want to make an empty trip.
Boston has turned into a hot spot for COVID-19.
Ordinarily I'd cancel my appointment but my driver's side door is a royal mess. The window doesn't work properly and the car always thinks the door is shut even when it's open. It has been a wonderful month lol.

Ours has been here in the SFBay area. My husband had a scheduled maintenance appt on his MS on the 17th (under stay-in-place here since week before). I don’t think all Tesla service centers are open though. I can tell you when he had his 3/17 appointment they texted him in the morning to confirm and then even sent him a second communication that due to a few cancellations he could reschedule for an earlier time which he did.

Yesterday he rolled down his passenger window to answer some guy’s question and the window wouldn't go up, he could hear the motor and some crunching kind of sound. So window down completely and it was due to rain later in day and thru parts of week—he tried to schedule appt but couldn’t get one before Friday and car gets parked in the driveway. This was around 4pm. I told him to drive to one of our local service centers and they fit him in so he didn’t have to worry about rain damage or theft. They put in a whole new assembly and cables etc. within the hour. He was so appreciative they were open. BTW car still under warranty and was covered.

Last edited:
Ours has been here in the SFBay area. My husband had a scheduled maintenance appt on his MS on the 17th (under stay-in-place here since week before). I don’t think all Tesla service centers are open though. I can tell you when he had his 3/17 appointment they texted him in the morning to confirm and then even sent him a second communication that due to a few cancellations he could reschedule for an earlier time which he did.

Yesterday he rolled down his passenger window to answer some guy’s question and the window wouldn't go up, he could hear the motor and some crunching kind of sound. So window down completely and it was due to rain later in day and thru parts of week—he tried to schedule appt but couldn’t get one before Friday and car gets parked in the driveway. This was around 4pm. I told him to drive to one of our local service centers and they fit him in so he didn’t have to worry about rain damage or theft. They put in a whole new assembly and cables etc. within the hour. He was so appreciative they were open. BTW car still under warranty and was covered.

Wow sorry about your ordeal but thank you for the information! Praying for you all out in SF!
SF has been hit awfully hard, so I have my hopes up that a Boston area SC will be open.
My car has never liked the rain. It seems like the windows remain wet inside the doors for days on end after a carwash or rainy day. 5 days after the last drop of rain if I roll the window down then up they're still soaking wet. That can't be normal. My driver door sensor act up when the car gets wet, but sometimes it's almost paralyzing. The windows in the car will all periodically go up and down while driving and I get notices that the manual driver's door latch has been activated(I've never once used it and this happens WHILE driving). Needless to say that car gets quite confused so then the alarm will go off like crazy. Not a ton of fun.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I have an appointment for today (earliest was about 5 days out). They scheduled the tech to come to me for a "no touch visit". They also asked me to position my car for a "no touch" visit and asked me to respect social distancing and try and communicate via phone or text message.

Purpose of visit is to install homelink and check passenger door which seems a tad bit uneven (front edge pokes out a bit). They told me homelink could be installed at my home but the tech would have to determine if the door could be fixed in the field once they see it.

Yesterday he rolled down his passenger window to answer some guy’s question and the window wouldn't go up, he could hear the motor and some crunching kind of sound.
Sounds like what I had on my E46 3-series BMW sedan six times in the 18 years I owned the car. The window regulator would break, usually right after you hear a snap or popping sound as the window goes down. My theory was that the top edge of the window would stick to the weatherstripping in the window frame, as the torque from the window motor would break the weakest link in the regulator assembly. I believe that the first four were covered by the original warranty and a couple of goodwill services; the last two were on my dime. They supposedly redesigned the regulator but I had a couple of windows break twice; meaning the original one and its replacement. Hope Tesla doesn't have the same problem over time.

Our service centers are open here in Florida. With the current situation the best thing to do with most business is to give a quick call to confirm they are open. Here auto suppliers and auto repair are on the long list of exempt businesses.

I haven't seen any threads on the topic saying otherwise, but I assume service centers are still open across the country? I've seen that auto repair shops are considered critical.
The reason I ask is that I live in New Hampshire and I have a 90 minute drive to a service center just outside of Boston on Monday. I really don't want to make an empty trip.
Boston has turned into a hot spot for COVID-19.
Ordinarily I'd cancel my appointment but my driver's side door is a royal mess. The window doesn't work properly and the car always thinks the door is shut even when it's open. It has been a wonderful month lol.
In Toronto,yes.
Kaltire cancelled my tire swap for this Saturday. So I made an appointment with Tesla and next day they called and informed they are not doing tire swaps. I guess it depends on your situation?

In Mass they are still open. I had a appointment on Monday and they were open.

They said a lot of people were canceling appointments though.

I'm not a germophobe, but I'll be traveling with Lysol wipes if I make it to my appointment on Monday.
My Tesla is driving me insane with my door and window issues, but I am considering cancelling it. Boston is quickly becoming a hot spot.

This is what Tesla SC wrote me on March 31st:

“Good day, this is Tesla Service Orlando. Due to the current situation in our county, we are taking precautions as other businesses are in our area. Currently, we are not accepting any non-safety related concerns into the service center. We will have to reschedule you at a later date for your concerns. We have your information and we are going to be reaching out to you to schedule your vehicle for service once the county guidelines allows it. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.”

I’ve been trying to get my FSD retrofit done plus a few other routine maintenance items since March 14th and both previous attempts were either rescheduled or outright canceled by Tesla. I tried again this morning and to my surprise their calendar had availability as early as next week. Could this be a glitch? I do know, here in FL, our statewide stay-at-home order expires next week unless officials extend it. The county may take a slower approach to re-opening, not sure.