Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are SR3s hard to sell? [tesla model 3 SR / SR+]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it would be hard to get 38 imo...look at the Tesla cpo cars. They have FSD and an extra year of warranty for 38k.

The problem with the Tesla CPOs is that you can't get a good inspection of the car. Private party sale the prospective buyer can test drive and take a close look at the condition of the car. I've seen plenty of private deals go above Tesla used prices.

Reactions: vickh
The problem with the Tesla CPOs is that you can't get a good inspection of the car. Private party sale the prospective buyer can test drive and take a close look at the condition of the car. I've seen plenty of private deals go above Tesla used prices.

Yes I had the same problem with Tesla CPO. I was cross-shopping a 2016 MS at about the same price as my SR. They wouldn't let me test drive. I ended up refusing delivery after my 4yo daughter wouldn't sit in the rear-facing 3rd row. At the time warranty was 4 yr, now it's only 1 yr so they're losing a big advantage.

Also, they're not really CPO b/c they don't do much to the car other a cursory inspection.

Yes I had the same problem with Tesla CPO. I was cross-shopping a 2016 MS at about the same price as my SR. They wouldn't let me test drive. I ended up refusing delivery after my 4yo daughter wouldn't sit in the rear-facing 3rd row. At the time warranty was 4 yr, now it's only 1 yr so they're losing a big advantage.

Also, they're not really CPO b/c they don't do much to the car other a cursory inspection.

I think most manufacturers don’t do anything for cpo. Other than making sure the tires are at like 50%. It’s just extra warranty tbh.

But also, was there anything physically wrong with the car? Or it was just your kids didn’t like the rear facing seat?

it would be hard to get 38 imo...look at the Tesla cpo cars. They have FSD and an extra year of warranty for 38k.

Tesla sells 2 year old LR AWD with FSD and acceleration boost for about $43K right now. My 2 year old LR AWD FSD cost me $55K after tax incentives (and snagging the FSD when it went on sale for $2K). $6K per year ain't too bad for a premium car. Not that it really matters since I'm not selling it.

I think most manufacturers don’t do anything for cpo. Other than making sure the tires are at like 50%. It’s just extra warranty tbh.

But also, was there anything physically wrong with the car? Or it was just your kids didn’t like the rear facing seat?

Lots of threads on CPO vs plain Used (which is what Tesla really does)

Nothing really wrong but a test drive would have saved us all a lot of grief, rather than ordering, etc.

They did tell me it would have EAP, at the test drive I found out it didn't have AP. I felt bad for the delivery guy who drove it down to my home too. The guy even promised me that Tesla would add it after the fact, the local sales manager later confirmed it by email. Later I found out that here that was impossible only AP1.0.

I had test-driven a new 2019 S but that was a different animal with a glass roof.. etc. Stores only have new inventory, don't do any used/CPO, one thing I do miss at a traditional dealer. I guess the advantage is to us private/ 3rd party sellers

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: momo3605
I have a 2018 LR RWD with EAP. It was 55k at the time, and I had the $7500 fed tax credit, so my net cost was around 47,500. I can easily sell it private party for 38k right now. So I wouldn't say the older LRs are in bad shape. losing $10k in 3 years is still very low depreciation.
My 2018 w/EAP was $55k too. Would’ve been $54k in black. The only other options available at the time were Sport wheels for another $1k (or was it $1.5k?) and FSD for $3k.