Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Superchargers on I95 busy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here on the West Coast I use Urban chargers from time to time and find them pretty useful. They locate them in places like malls and other shopping centers or with places with multiple food offerings. And sometimes in large numbers (example. 20). So by the time you finish your shopping or eating your car is ready to go. And you are not rushing to finish to avoid the idle penalty charges for tying up a stall.

Why are you not rushing to avoid the idle fees? You still have a time limit, no? With a supercharger being ready in 30-50 minutes depending on the details and the urban charger taking an additional 10-15 minutes depending on details, I don't see how it relieves anyone of having a deadline to meet. The mismatch between charging and parking is one of the big problems with EVs in my opinion. For EVs to be fully accepted, charging facilities need to be other than precious commodities.

The problem with the airport focusing on level 2 and 3 charging is an example of "better" being the enemy of "good".