Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are technical manuals for the Model S available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

berkeley_ecar

S 90D (fully loaded) delivered 18 Mar 2017
Jul 21, 2014
Berkeley, CA
Apologies if this has already been addressed (I did several searches of postings and found nothing), but are full technical manuals available for the Model S? I always like to have a set for the cars I own. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I think he's looking for detailed mechanical manuals like they sell at auto parts stores that will let you take apart a 1970 camaro and put it back together.

To answer the OPs question, not generally but there are people who've gotten them in "right to repair" states, and they'll share them if you send a PM request. I've seen posts to that effect anyway.

I think he's looking for detailed mechanical manuals like they sell at auto parts stores that will let you take apart a 1970 camaro and put it back together.

To answer the OPs question, not generally but there are people who've gotten them in "right to repair" states, and they'll share them if you send a PM request. I've seen posts to that effect anyway.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant (apologies for lack of precision in my original posting). Thanks for the helpful pointer to "right to repair" states.

Tesla service manuals are only available to residents of Massachusetts. I'm not the kind of person that would inform anyone how to bypass this seemingly arbitrary requirement but if I was I might mention the fact that you can get a pre-paid credit card online that gives you an instant card number. I might also mention that you can tell the credit card company that you live in Massachusetts. But I'm not that person.

But if I was! I would also mention that the 1 hour's worth of access actually got me a little over 3 hour's worth and that in that time I could save effectively every document available. But again, not that guy.

Tesla service manuals are only available to residents of Massachusetts. I'm not the kind of person that would inform anyone how to bypass this seemingly arbitrary requirement but if I was I might mention the fact that you can get a pre-paid credit card online that gives you an instant card number. I might also mention that you can tell the credit card company that you live in Massachusetts. But I'm not that person.

But if I was! I would also mention that the 1 hour's worth of access actually got me a little over 3 hour's worth and that in that time I could save effectively every document available. But again, not that guy.
You are the right guy for the REP point.