TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are technical manuals for the Model S available?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by berkeley_ecar, Mar 25, 2016.

1. berkeley_ecar

berkeley_ecar New Member

Apologies if this has already been addressed (I did several searches of postings and found nothing), but are full technical manuals available for the Model S? I always like to have a set for the cars I own. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Have you looked at the document list on your MyTesla account? That's usually where the manuals are.

3. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I think he's looking for detailed mechanical manuals like they sell at auto parts stores that will let you take apart a 1970 camaro and put it back together.

To answer the OPs question, not generally but there are people who've gotten them in "right to repair" states, and they'll share them if you send a PM request. I've seen posts to that effect anyway.

4. berkeley_ecar

berkeley_ecar New Member

Yes, that is exactly what I meant (apologies for lack of precision in my original posting). Thanks for the helpful pointer to "right to repair" states.

5. whitex

whitex Member

Technical manuals are available as a subscription. Go to Welcome | Tesla Service to subscribe and access them.

6. Mike K

Mike K Member

Tesla service manuals are only available to residents of Massachusetts. I'm not the kind of person that would inform anyone how to bypass this seemingly arbitrary requirement but if I was I might mention the fact that you can get a pre-paid credit card online that gives you an instant card number. I might also mention that you can tell the credit card company that you live in Massachusetts. But I'm not that person.

But if I was! I would also mention that the 1 hour's worth of access actually got me a little over 3 hour's worth and that in that time I could save effectively every document available. But again, not that guy.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Soolim

Soolim Member

You are the right guy for the REP point.