Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Tesla’s water bottles from the store dishwasher safe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The new Tesla stainless steel water bottle is a conveniently sized, insulated water bottle that holds 600mL / 20oz of liquid. It is BPA free, vacuum insulated, double walled, 18/8 stainless steel, soft touch and perfect for cold or hot liquids."

Stainless Steel so I would have thought so, although I guess you mean the black stuff on the outside.

Why would you want to put this in a dishwasher anyway? I doubt that it'll clean it properly given that the water will have to get through the neck to the inside. Much better off to use hot water and a bottle brush I would have thought

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Well I’ve said water bottle which I do have as well (not sure why I picked that as an example). But I also have the coffee mugs which look and built the same and have the special lid. After a while hand washing doesn’t remove the smell off coffee inside them and it’d be great if they went in the dishwasher. Yes its the black outside stuff I’m thinking about. My dishwasher cleans similarly shaped things ok. Just wondered how they would cope going in.

Well I’ve said water bottle which I do have as well (not sure why I picked that as an example). But I also have the coffee mugs which look and built the same and have the special lid. After a while hand washing doesn’t remove the smell off coffee inside them and it’d be great if they went in the dishwasher. Yes its the black outside stuff I’m thinking about. My dishwasher cleans similarly shaped things ok. Just wondered how they would cope going in.
Have you been putting it in the dishwasher? I just got one of these and wondering how the black exterior would tolerate the dishwasher.

I haven’t tried. Only been hand washing. Maybe I’ll test one!
I recommend not to wash Tesla Stainless Steel Water Bottle, unless advised by Elon Musk or Tesla's website! I've checked everywhere and there is no sign of answers for this question except for this specific thread. You do not want a potential to discolor the powder coating or damage the vacuum seal. The powder coating is the matte finish on the water bottle logo that gives it a touch sensitive feel and an attractive appearance.

Just spray the outside and inside of the water bottle with Ethanol 200 proof and rinse multiple times with hot reverse osmosis water or hot spring water. The best way to do it, imo.

I recommend not to wash Tesla Stainless Steel Water Bottle, unless advised by Elon Musk or Tesla's website! I've checked everywhere and there is no sign of answers for this question except for this specific thread. You do not want a potential to discolor the powder coating or damage the vacuum seal. The powder coating is the matte finish on the water bottle logo that gives it a touch sensitive feel and an attractive appearance.

Just spray the outside and inside of the water bottle with Ethanol 200 proof and rinse multiple times with hot reverse osmosis water or hot spring water. The best way to do it, imo.
I recommend not dish washing Tesla Stainless Steel Water Bottle* sorry, I couldn't edit my post.