Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the brakes on the MYLR crap??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont know the exact circumstances but most civilian vehicles have more than adequate braking power for day to day use.

There have been reports in Teslas where there is a split second where the drive motors are engaged and you slamming on the brakes, there is definitely lag and feels like the brakes are not adequate.

Remember that hot brakes fail in general.

If you are road racing your Tesla and experiencing brake fade, then thats a whole different basket.

It's obvious that many people here don't actually "drive" their cars and rather they just steer them around. Well I drive mine and the brakes suck. There is no issue with bedding and all this other garbage. The brakes have a hard pedal and almost no bite to them. It is very un-nerving. I am going to do some more testing of the brakes but the pads need to grip better and when the brakes are applied there should be a noticeable deceleration like a regular car has.
In the morning when it’s cold here (last few months it could be in the 20’s f), regen doesn’t work so mechanical brakes are used. I haven’t noticed a problem braking. That said, I’m not a very aggressive driver but I do drive on the highway using mechanical brakes.

So your brakes should work. Period. If they don’t, bring your car back for service.