Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the cameras on the FSD good enough so that I don't have to worry about things like it clipping another car that's on the road?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don’t like putting torque on the wheel, as an alternative you can flick the volume control or cruise control up one notch and then back down again to dismiss the nag. But you absolutely need to keep hands on the wheel and for god’s sake don’t stick a cell phone on there.

Last edited:
Reactions: daktari and Nvbob
Someone here from the UK side swiped a parked car using autopilot. I have come very close before and would never use it on 2 lane roads on the right lanes with parked cars, especially those who don‘t park close enough to the curb. I would get feedback from the sensors turning red but that’s after flying by them, which would be too late. Also someone hit a freeway wall on the left fast lane, and it seems the wall was poorly engineered too close which did not give Auto pilot enough slack. When I drive by walls, barriers or bridge supports on the left lane or carpool lane I’m extra cautious this can happen.

Reactions: Nvbob and rob1987
Then, the service center must've calibrated it for me before I took delivery. Because I drove off the lot, and I immediately hit down twice on the right stock and it went into auto drive for me. Either that or I am just driving it while it's not calibrated.

I have one of those auto pilot buddy things. Does that still work with the FSD? Or is it all camera-based now? Does it track your eyes so that your eyes have to be on the road too? What if you are wearing sunglasses?
Don't use an autopilot buddy. YOU need to keep the system in check, watch the traffic and steer with the car and abort if you feel uncomfortable. The car can not be trusted, not AP, not FSD beta.

The calibration discussion is a huge blind road, the system works as designed, ie it takes a chance to drive a place where it should not.

Reactions: rob1987