Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the Cybertruck's looks growing on you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(personal opinion only, not representing TMC, TMC moderators, or anyone other than myself)

Nope.

To me, it looks like what it is, which is a rich persons "I dont give a #@!@ I can do whatever I want" project. Its elons dream project, and it looks ridiculous, like a 1980s version of "the fuuuuttttttuuuuurrrrreeee".

What do you think of the new F-150 Lightning? I think they played it a little safe but when you have the #1 selling pickup in the industry that is probably a wise move. This is good for the EV industry since it will usher in a bunch of new EV buyers.

What do you think of the new F-150 Lightning? I think they played it a little safe but when you have the #1 selling pickup in the industry that is probably a wise move. This is good for the EV industry since it will usher in a bunch of new EV buyers.

I think a LOT of people who are going to be looking for a "regular truck" will consider this. IMO, tesla should have released a "fairly regular" looking truck, then done this cyber truck as a "limited edition, top trim only" type vehicle.

I think a LOT of people who are going to be looking for a "regular truck" will consider this. IMO, tesla should have released a "fairly regular" looking truck, then done this cyber truck as a "limited edition, top trim only" type vehicle.
Yeah, I have a feeling as more and more EV pickups show up that the Cyberpunk, stealth bomber, look is going to be a problem. I wonder if Tesla thought the pickup truck segment was going to be difficult to crack so they went extreme with the design? It is a shame since all they needed to do was build a decent pickup and leverage the advantages they already have in battery tech, range, performance, supercharger network, etc.

Yeah, I have a feeling as more and more EV pickups show up that the Cyberpunk, stealth bomber, look is going to be a problem. I wonder if Tesla thought the pickup truck segment was going to be difficult to crack so they went extreme with the design? It is a shame since all they needed to do was build a decent pickup and leverage the advantages they already have in battery tech, range, performance, supercharger network, etc.

I am fairly certain that I read statements somewhere from Elon himself that was basically "this was my dream, and if people dont like it, we will try something else". I think it looks the way it does because this look was what elon dreamed of, nothing more complicated than that.

I am fairly certain that I read statements somewhere from Elon himself that was basically "this was my dream, and if people dont like it, we will try something else". I think it looks the way it does because this look was what elon dreamed of, nothing more complicated than that.
As for looks, only time will tell as we see more on the streets and they get less "whoa!" factor.

I suspect the look was a bit of backward engineering. Someone decided they wanted to use the SpaceX developed alloy, which dictated that they had to basically use flat welded sheets, so it pretty much had to be angular at that point.

Have long told m'lady "I want a vehicle so ugly and hard/weird to drive you'll never want to use it."
Am awaiting Cybertruck with glee.
She hates it.
It is definitely different, which will attract a certain percentage of customers. I think the Ford Lightning will capture a lot of the market since the F-150 is the truck to beat but we will see how GM answers with the Silverado. If GM can produce better range with their battery tech they could actually grab some significant share from Ford. I think the Ford Lightning looks decent and the big frunk and all the outlets to charge including transfer power to your home was smart. Is there even a frunk in the CT?

Reactions: gglockner
It looks like hammered shite IMO but I do like the "bare metal" part of the aesthetic. Reserving one now at $70k for the tri-motor/tabless battery model to be delivered in a few years is a steal in today's down dollar environment. Whenever the tabless tri-motor Model X hits I'm guessing it will cost at least twice that, although it will obviously handle better at speed. I don't see how they will be able to deliver this car/specs at this price with this down dollar and material input cost inflation backdrop (or how they could even get such a steel unibody beast approved on US and EU roads without having normal crumple zones) but I'm rooting for Tesla to pull it off somehow. I'm reserving one even though its hideous and probably gets cancelled just like the tabless S Plaid Plus.