Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

are the falconwings dangerous ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
see this Collage - what do you think ?
afull21.jpg

Something of a silly question. Any door can hit you in the head if you put your head in the path of the door. I'm sure the door will have the necessary sensors to stop if/when it encounters resistance. It may even have proximity sensors to cause it to stop before it hits something.

Also, that guy looks like he's 7 feet tall and hovering about a foot off the ground.

I think if Abraham Lincoln and his pink couch try to get into a Model X, they'll be fine. That's pretty much common knowledge. Did you even try searching "Lincoln AND couch" on this forum before posting? (I'm just joking around with you obviously)

I've not no safety concerns at all. I've had automatic SUV rear hatches opening up "in my face" for 15 years without injury.

I think Abe will be fine.. but upon further analysis, I think you might have leaked a new Model X feature. The new doors so easily a simple piece of paper can trigger the mechanism. Fantastic.

Also, from what I can tell, the 'pink' couch is actually the challenging middle row that Elon has spoken about. What appears to be happening here, is that the seat (which looks a lot like a pink couch) slides out, for you to sit on.. then I'm sure it retracts back in after you've sat down... BRILLIANT TESLA!

Is this a serious question? It might be, but at the same time, it feels like a gag -- I feel an urge to come up with absurd collages now involving famous figures (or just characters who look like them) getting body parts slammed in various automotive doors and hatches. If serious, I don't think it's any more dangerous than other cars with powered rear hatches. If not serious, I'm thinking Benjamin Franklin with a papasan chair is about to get hit in the head from a rear hatch opened by a foot wavy sensor.