Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the HPWC free at the new Linq V3 supercharger station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone visit the new Las Vegas supercharger station yet? They have 15 HPWC but I can't see how they could charge you for it since they're just HPWC like at home.

Seems like a good way to charge if you know you're going to be busy for a few hours.

Anyone visit the new Las Vegas supercharger station yet? They have 15 HPWC but I can't see how they could charge you for it since they're just HPWC like at home.

Seems like a good way to charge if you know you're going to be busy for a few hours.

Parking above 59 minutes is not free. There are no additional charges from Tesla for charging.

Less than 1 hour parking is free, then after that it's $9, $12, and maxed out at $15.

Parking above 59 minutes is not free. There are no additional charges from Tesla for charging.

Less than 1 hour parking is free, then after that it's $9, $12, and maxed out at $15.

Sounds like with this arrangement, you can Supercharge by paying only for the charging (supercharger rates), since your charge will be done in < 1 hour and therefore you won't be charged for parking.

Alternatively, you can use the HPWC as a destination charger by leaving the car parked there most of the evening or overnight, and pay the $15 max for the parking. No additional charge for the charging.

going to vegas this weekend and staying at the linq, and since i'm not platinum yet i have to pay the parking fee for the hotel...does that include the destination chargers? trying to figure out if i can run myself just about empty and plug in at one of the destination chargers for a while rather than supercharging, but i'm not paying to park twice...

You can pay to park overnight and use the HPWC for free or you can park for less than 60 minutes and pay to use the V3 supercharger, which should not require anything close to an hour at those speeds. Either way you are going to pay unless you have bonus supercharger miles on your account.

You can pay to park overnight and use the HPWC for free or you can park for less than 60 minutes and pay to use the V3 supercharger, which should not require anything close to an hour at those speeds. Either way you are going to pay unless you have bonus supercharger miles on your account.

that's not what i asked. i know i'm going to have to pay something, i'm asking if the fee to park at the supercharger counts as parking at a caesars property. if so, i can just park there with the parking fee i'm already paying to stay at the hotel, charge for a few hours / overnight, and then move and not have to pay an additional $15. i'm trying to avoid being charged twice - if that were the case, i'd just go park at paris for 24 hours and use the chargepoint stations (since the parking fee includes in/out at all caesars garages).

Me and my wife stayed at the linq specifically for this reason three weeks ago. Yes this lot counts as a Caesar parking. So at the linq we added a $15 24 hour parking to our room and parked at the destination chargers our whole visit. Basically if you’re staying at a Caesar owned hotel, you might as well park and charge here since you’ll be paying the $15 fee every 24 hours regardless.

Me and my wife stayed at the linq specifically for this reason three weeks ago. Yes this lot counts as a Caesar parking. So at the linq we added a $15 24 hour parking to our room and parked at the destination chargers our whole visit. Basically if you’re staying at a Caesar owned hotel, you might as well park and charge here since you’ll be paying the $15 fee every 24 hours regardless.

this is exactly the info i was looking for...thank you!

Reactions: Maaz

Haven't been to Vegas in years. So youre saying:
-24hr parking charged to your hotel room is for ANY ceasars hotel parking in and out?
-linq has chargers and is a ceasars property

Are there other ceasars hotels with Tesla destination chargers?

All the hotels in Vegas used to have free parking. Then locals started parking in their lots and taking an Uber to and from the airport to avoid airport parking fees when going on a trip so now the hotels have a daily parking fee paid for by the tourists. If there were no parking fee at hotels with destination chargers then Tesla owners without FUSC who are not hotel guests would probably clog those up to the detriment of the guests. The good news is that if you are a Tesla owner without FUSC as a hotel guest you get free destination charging when you pay the daily parking fee as an incentive to stay at that hotel.

Last edited:
Haven't been to Vegas in years. So youre saying:
-24hr parking charged to your hotel room is for ANY ceasars hotel parking in and out?

yes.

-linq has chargers and is a ceasars property

yes

Are there other ceasars hotels with Tesla destination chargers?

yes, most have charging stations but not necessarily tesla destination chargers. ballys/paris in particular i know have 4 chargepoint stations, because we stayed at ballys and charged there in june. i believe planet hollywood, flamingo and caesars also have chargepoint stations.

Yeah this is definitely the most ideal place to park and charge, we drive a performance model 3 and basically we had 1 stop at Hermosa for 15 minutes and arrived at the linq chargers at about 60 miles. And then charge at the destination chargers for free during your stay.

If anyone is going to Vegas and staying at Cosmo, they have 4 Tesla chargers at Valet. Just need to ask to charge your car. Thats what I did when visited couple of weekends ago. Sure Valet > Self Parking, but saved hassle going to SC. Rode High Roller at Linq with a full bar, it was alright.