Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the support videos still accurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
With my S85 just days away (currently "in transit") I've been watching and re-watching the videos the folks at Tesla have posted on Support | Tesla Motors .

The one I'm most interested in is the one entitled "Detailed Touchscreen Walkthrough".

Very informative but I see at 6:00 into the video that it appears the video was made when the software in the car was v5.12 (1.64.38).

Is there anything in the video that no longer applies or is different with the current version of Tesla Model S software?

With my S85 just days away (currently "in transit") I've been watching and re-watching the videos the folks at Tesla have posted on Support | Tesla Motors .

The one I'm most interested in is the one entitled "Detailed Touchscreen Walkthrough".

Very informative but I see at 6:00 into the video that it appears the video was made when the software in the car was v5.12 (1.64.38).

Is there anything in the video that no longer applies or is different with the current version of Tesla Model S software?

I think it's mostly the same. They've added some new navigation features which try to route through superchargers. Some bug fixes, too (the camera didn't used be able to have graphics on top, now it has backup lines).