Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the Turbine wheels all pointing forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Just put down the deposit last week for a Signatre P85, and I wonder if the Turbine wheels all pointing forward?

Most of the Turbine wheels on the market are no differentiated by the side of where they are going to be mounted, so the wheels on left hand side point forward, while the wheels on the right hand side go backward.

I wonder if this is the case for the Model S?

I just checked some of my pics and found that they go 'forward', with blades appearing to scoop air in on the passenger side, and go 'reverse' appearing not scoop air in (scoop out?) on the driver side - all the wheels are the same. p.s. I adore my car.

S1-small.jpg
S2-small.jpg

We went all over this w/ the Roadster. Some Roadsters have different left/right wheels and some don't. I'm guessing it's just another logistics issue to track. Perhaps they learned w/ Model S to just have them all the same. Our Model S has the same wheels so they "spin" in opposite directions. It bugged me for about 5 minutes (our Roadster has specific left/right wheels) but quickly stopped caring.

One thing to note about having one wheel type, instead of left and right hand versions, is that it is not possible to see the right and left wheels at the same time in any sort of real setting.

So while having one side 'blowing' and one side 'sucking' bothers me it really can't be seen. It has to be investigated.

I am happy we are able to have this type of conversation on TMC rather than worrying if our car is going to spontaneously catch on fire or if it's simply not going to work. The little things, I suppose... :)