Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any 18" Model 3 tires as/more efficient than the Michelin MXM4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but they don’t have the XL load rating needed for the Model 3; specifically, the Michelin Energy Saver A/S.

I’ll also note that the Pilot Sport 4 is completely different than the Pilot Sport All Season 4, linked on the previous post, and neither has the efficiency of the Primacy MXM4 T1 tire.

The Tesla engineers optimized their tire selection for efficiency. It’d be very hard to find a more efficient tire that doesn’t have questionable safety compromises.
Has Michelin or Tesla ever quantified how efficient the MXM4 tires are?

Honestly, I really don’t think my efficiency would improve much by going with those over my 235/45/18 PS4S tires.

77AF5203-4BCC-40AB-93C6-E60D85537974.jpeg

C029C88D-CFB7-45F2-8BED-BBCFE5A7E59E.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: XPsionic
Upvote 0
European tire labels are based on roller testing, and puts the PS4S at rating of "D" and the MXM4 at a rating of "A". Now there are tons of variants of all of these tires so perhaps yours is closer, or the tread is worn down and so it is doing better now, or maybe you drive efficient and the MXM4 would do even better?
It is entirely possible that they are significantly more efficient I just haven’t seen a quantitive measurement of that benefit for the US based tires.

Upvote 0
3,285 miles on Pirelli P zero Elec tires at 209 Wh/mile. My total consumption is 224 Wh/m over 27,800 miles (24,498 on the OEM Michelin). 6.7% decrease Wh/m on the Pirelli compared to all miles driven.
That is really incredible efficiency. Which Model 3 do you have? Are those 20” P Zero tires?

I am testing 18” T Sportline wheels with PS4S tires on a Performance model against the stock wheels and tires for a long range Dual motor car next week. Should be interesting to see how close they are.

Upvote 0
That is really incredible efficiency. Which Model 3 do you have? Are those 20” P Zero tires?

I am testing 18” T Sportline wheels with PS4S tires on a Performance model against the stock wheels and tires for a long range Dual motor car next week. Should be interesting to see how close they are.

Pirelli PZero All Season Plus 235/45-18 OEM size on dual motor Model 3, on the OEM 18 inch rims.

I run the aero covers only on road trips >500 miles.

Michellin PS4S was my second choice.

Upvote 0