Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any aftermarket suspension options for my 2015 85D w/coil? I can't stand the rough ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car in for service maybe 7-8 times for the suspension. It bounces our noggins like bobbleheads, churns our stomachs, and throws us around. Tesla days it's normal and fine.

Is there an aftermarket suspension or shock setup that could provide a smoother, softer, more compliant ride? I don't need a sports car.

Thanks!

Have you tried different wheel size and tires? Your best ride, all other things being equal, will be with the tallest sidewalls, lightest wheels and lightest rotors.

Have you driven other Teslas to compare ride?

I have a 2015 85D with coils too. It can be "bouncy" depending on the road surface. I've tried to make that better by lowering my tire pressure. What pressure are you running? My car decal calls for 50 psi which is way too high. I run more like 42-44 psi. It definitely helps.

If you have a love affair with your car (like me), get lighter rims and lighter brake discs. This will not change the firmness overall, but the initial bang as you hit bumps is noticeably less. I suggest this assuming you have tried tire pressures.

Yes there is: NOVITEC - Tesla Model S - Catalog - novitecgroup.com

Scroll through to suspension, 2 versions available. With adjustable levels of compression/rebound it looks like
Is pricing available?
upload_2018-5-12_17-38-9.png