Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any interior differences between 85 & P85 after last price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In times past, there were lots of random interior differences between the Model S 85 and P85. After the most recent price increase, are there any interior differences between a 85 and a P85? (With no options added to either of them of course).

In other words, does your extra $10k now only get you a peppier car and a P stuck to the back?

I've also never seen anyone talk about handling between the two cars. I'm assuming that its the same and you have to go to the P85+ to have a difference there. Don't know for sure -- can't find any info.

... 85 and a P85?
I've also never seen anyone talk about handling between the two cars. I'm assuming that its the same and you have to go to the P85+ to have a difference there. Don't know for sure -- can't find any info.
My impression is this:
The handling capabilities (tires, suspension, etc.) are identical between the two cars. As such, due to the peppier (acceleration) offering of the Performance you're more likely to find the handling "lacking" if you push the vehicle on the Performance than on the non-Performance. This is, in part, why the offered the Plus package.

Again, that's my impression. Take it for what it's worth: free opinion of non-expert.

In other words, does your extra $10k now only get you a peppier car and a P stuck to the back?

Pretty much. All the features included with the P85 before (leather, interior trim, lighting, spoiler, wheels, etc) are now options. You were getting significantly more for your money with a P85 back in July...unless you want parking sensors. But that's a discussion for another thread.