TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are there any interior differences between 85 & P85 after last price increase?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by barbja, Aug 23, 2013.

1. barbja

barbja Member

In times past, there were lots of random interior differences between the Model S 85 and P85. After the most recent price increase, are there any interior differences between a 85 and a P85? (With no options added to either of them of course).

In other words, does your extra $10k now only get you a peppier car and a P stuck to the back?

I've also never seen anyone talk about handling between the two cars. I'm assuming that its the same and you have to go to the P85+ to have a difference there. Don't know for sure -- can't find any info.

2. CarlK

CarlK Member

Looks that's the way it is but "peppier" seems to be somewhat an understatement.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My impression is this:
    The handling capabilities (tires, suspension, etc.) are identical between the two cars. As such, due to the peppier (acceleration) offering of the Performance you're more likely to find the handling "lacking" if you push the vehicle on the Performance than on the non-Performance. This is, in part, why the offered the Plus package.

Again, that's my impression. Take it for what it's worth: free opinion of non-expert.

4. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Pretty much. All the features included with the P85 before (leather, interior trim, lighting, spoiler, wheels, etc) are now options. You were getting significantly more for your money with a P85 back in July...unless you want parking sensors. But that's a discussion for another thread.

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Unless you are a performance geek like myself, you have to drive the P the way it's supposed to feel the difference. Comes down to personal preference.

6. D_McAllister

D_McAllister Member

Agreed. It's much more than just "peppier."