Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any Model S F battery packs in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far I understand it, for the "Long Range Plus" Model S, the "F type" battery is required... I wondered, are there any in the UK yet, or do they only ship these in the US?

If anyone has a recent 2020 car built this year, can you check the VIN for an "F" in the 7th character position?
Thanks!

As far I understand it, for the "Long Range Plus" Model S, the "F type" battery is required... I wondered, are there any in the UK yet, or do they only ship these in the US?

If anyone has a recent 2020 car built this year, can you check the VIN for an "F" in the 7th character position?
Thanks!
According to VIN Decoder | TeslaTap the 7th digit in the VIN is battery type: E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric

As stated just above my post, you need to look at the battery label. I'm hoping my new S Performance gets delivered from Bristol today so I'll have a look.

According to VIN Decoder | TeslaTap the 7th digit in the VIN is battery type: E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric

As stated just above my post, you need to look at the battery label. I'm hoping my new S Performance gets delivered from Bristol today so I'll have a look.
Agreed you cannot tell battery revision letter from the VIN, 7th character is always “E” on Tesla. Only way is to physically look under car behind front wheel driver side.

The model codes are MTS05 and MTX05 for the Long Range+ (MS and MX) and the Battery code is now a BTX9 (it used to be a BTX6 in the 100D cars)

Tesla actually call the model a "Long Range Plus" on their inventory listings but none have appeared in the UK from what I have seen but here's a Canada car as an example

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/used/5YJSA1E29LF391919?token=$2y$10$r8nP4LhpLcH.AFtGGeA/BuZtnKiqAHGSZLRIRhMHahFHSlZb9Lbku&redirect=no

I suspect none have made it to Europe yet as searching on tesla-info (search for MTS05) none come up anywhere in Europe, only in Canada and the US