Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any radar detector mounts for the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the 9500 ix detecting laser, it's from the interior-facing IR LEds meant to provide illumination for driver monitoring. I had to turn off laser detection.

I have mine mounted using a suction cup mount on the back of the display, plugged into the cig lighter, with the silence button right next to where you place the key card to start. I have found that the detector doesn't always come on when I get in though, which I am still troubleshooting.

Well, I have a V1 gen 2 and the blendmount for my M3. I don't have my MY yet, take delivery next month, so if there isn't a response by then, I'll let you know if the Blendmount works with the MY. I'm not sure why it wouldn't, since the clamp can increase and decrease in diameter to fit various size rearview mirror necks and there is 30 degrees of angle adjustment up and down, so you can keep the radar level to the ground?

Email from BlendMount this evening states they are anticipating the Model Y mount by end of February. Here's the proposed model numbers based on your detector model:

View attachment 893813

I've followed this thread for awhile and never got around to modding an alternate mount so will wait and see when available.

Any updates on blendmount for model Y availability?
I just received this email from Blendmount this morning (16 Feb).

Hi,

We are currently designing a mount for the Model Y. Should be available soon. We are hoping around the end of the month/next month. Would be BV1-2040:

This is the Porsche blendmount, BV1-2021.
F36A24AB-0BA8-4EC5-ADB2-BCF9B59DC2DC.jpeg

54F38A51-5093-444E-AB34-784AE124DFEA.jpeg

8F61B4C3-5469-49F6-8B36-CEF810D7D3DA.jpeg

Reactions: damageprone
I have the Porsche Blendmount and had to machine it with a Dremel tool to restore some more adjustability to the mirror. It's still not perfect and I have to sort of lean a bit to get the right rear-view mirror angle. All of this will depend on your height, seating position, etc. But it's not a perfect solution. Glad that BlendMount is gonna finally make a proper Model Y mount. Sort of painful hacking up a $150 mount to get only partial success.

I have the Porsche Blendmount and had to machine it with a Dremel tool to restore some more adjustability to the mirror. It's still not perfect and I have to sort of lean a bit to get the right rear-view mirror angle. All of this will depend on your height, seating position, etc. But it's not a perfect solution. Glad that BlendMount is gonna finally make a proper Model Y mount. Sort of painful hacking up a $150 mount to get only partial success.
To be fair, they've been saying for a while it'll be done soon. Originally, when I emailed them in early Jan, it was to be released in late March 2023. The email I received on 29 March, says 3-4 more weeks, so now late April. I'm holding off, because I'm not going to hack a $150 mount.
Would rather wait and get a product made to fit properly and looks good.

To be fair, they've been saying for a while it'll be done soon. Originally, when I emailed them in early Jan, it was to be released in late March 2023. The email I received on 29 March, says 3-4 more weeks, so now late April. I'm holding off, because I'm not going to hack a $150 mount.
Would rather wait and get a product made to fit properly and looks good.
Another update from Blendmount. Looking at the mid to end of May.
I know there are universal mounts out there on Amazon, but they look like crap to me.
The only one that looks like it belongs on a Tesla is the Blendmount. Unfortunately, if you want something that looks nice, Blendmount has a monopoly, so gonna have to wait.