Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any rangers in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tassie is covered by a ranger from Richmond service centre. Pre-Model 3, they would come over on the ferry about once a year to service the ~20 customers in the state. Post Model 3 release, that number is closer to 80 and the suggestion was that visits would be every 3-4 months. Of course, Covid border lockdowns put a stop to this. I believe the border with Vic is tentatively scheduled to be opened on December 1, I expect there will be quite a backlog of jobs at that time.

Canberra got its first ranger last week. I briefly met him at the Beard service centre yesterday. Two pairs of hands got a quick part replacement on the undercarriage done in about 30 seconds flat.

Note to self: In future, dodge car-size puddles! I used to use them as a cheap and nasty way to clean the undercarriage of my ICE cars. The felt liner at the back of the undercarriage split and started dragging on the pavement right next to the rear wheel. It sounded most distressing, up until Zac ripped the protruding bit off the car two weeks ago & ordered me a replacement liner.

>>Canberra got its first ranger last week. I briefly met him at the Beard service centre yesterday. Two pairs of hands got a quick part replacement on the undercarriage done in about 30 seconds flat.<<

Is that a Canberra based guy, or does he operate ex Sydney for a few days?

A Tassie owner was talking to Tesla service and was told that Tasmania will soon have a full-time service presence in the state. (Presumably in the form of a mobile tech based out of a workshop, like Perth/Adelaide/Canberra had for a few years)

Sure enough, I looked at the careers page and Tasmania is listed as a location! (No job postings yet though)

1615986213661.png
1615986229952.png

Prior to this, Tassie was served by a Melbourne based ranger who would visit once a year or more as needed, then when the Model 3 was first released it was going to be every 4 months. Sounded reasonable, but once border restrictions started, the flaws in this process were obvious.