Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any regular USB ports on the new refreshed Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(I tried to search online prior to posting, but everything that came up was not applicable to the new refreshed Model Y cabin)

I just got delivery of a new Model Y yesterday and need to plug in two regular USB devices.
Are there any regular USB ports available in the front of the vehicle? I did find the two new USB-C ports in the front sliding cabin, but my devices do not use USB-C.
Do I need to use some kind of adapter?

thanks.

There is a single USB-A port in the glove box, but using it comes at the expense of your dashcam/sentry storage.

I have read online of people expanding the port in the glove box using one of these, but I have no personal experience with this hub.

Last edited:
If you need to power your devices, i.e. charge your tablet or phone then use a USB-C cable with the needed connector for the device. Plug into either the two USB-C ports inside the center console (these two USB-C ports are hard to see but they are inside the lower compartment on the rear wall side of the compartment), else use the two USB-C ports on the back of the center console. The USB-A port inside the glove box is USB 3.0 data compliant but is more limited in power than are the USB-C ports.

I use this USB-C adapter to charge my iPhone with the standard Apple USB to lightning charging cable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0933KKBMB/

Those single adapters work well, and are compact if your wires are exposed (like on the rear console). But if you need some USB-A ports inside your console, then you can get a USB-C to USB-A hub and it'll be hidden inside of your center console.

Something like this that has 4 USB-A ports and still has an pass-thru USB-C port on the other end, and it costs almost the same as a single USB-C to USB-A adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PY87TBD

Instead of adapting to USB A, why not just buy a USB ended charge cable for the item you need to hook up? USB C has a much better charge capability no to mention it is slowly taking over to become the norm. Heck, even my Mac and Macbook only com with USB C ports any more. An adapter for the odd thing you cannot get a cord for should be considered though.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Reactions: LoudMusic
Reactions: Tha_Ape