Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

are there any tesla´s out with the original 16pin obd2 plug?

that_guy

Sep 8, 2020
Germany
sorry for that really low question, but I try to get to know which Tesla can get connected out of the box with the standart OBD2 plug.

I already read a lot about the different adapters pre/post 2015 and for the Model 3 etc. - but I got in an argument with my mentor about if there is/was the possibility to get it connected to the standart 16pin OBD2 plug out of the box.

Was there any possibilities till now to get it connected? Or do you need an adapter everytime you like to get into the can-bus?

Thanks a lot

t_g

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC