Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there third-party companies that will paint Teslas with factory/OEM colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d guess you’re in the neighborhood of $5k or so for an OEM-like finish, although there are plenty of limitations that go along with that. You’ll never get a factory-like finish on a car that is already put together. Door sills, panel transitions, body to glass edges, under the hood, under the lift gate, etc etc etc… unless you painstakingly dismantle and mask off basically the entire car, it will never look factory. Lots of downsides to repainting a car - color won’t match the VIN, people will forever be suspect as to why it was repainted, diminished value, etc.

Finally, I’m having a hard time fathoming why one would go through the considerable expense and headache just to repaint a car in one of the other five colors that every other Tesla on the road is already painted in? If you want one that color, you should buy one that color. You’ll almost certainly come out ahead.
Because you might find the car you want now but hate the color.

Re. wraps, do I need to worry about the company disassembling panels etc to put the wrap on (as I would worry with painting)? Do wrap companies sometimes mess cars up this way?
I would not want to be their wist Tesla in the portfolio and I have seen companies that will stands behind they reputation, they claim to replace the broke part it this happens during the wrap. But it’s up to you if you want to cover all sections of the paint or just the exterior area. Keep in mind you can remove the wrap anytime if it’s needed.