Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are these things normal on the newly picked up Y or defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are these normal:
1. slight gap between trunk and body panels
2. Rain water gets under frunk hood, around frunk outside of weather stripping, but not inside drunk
3. Driver door has to be slammed to close, was told this is due to weather stripping needs to be worn in.
Thoughts? Thanks!

1 is technically a defect but if gap is slight (like mine) I wouldn’t sweat it

2 is the way it is ….. not a defect or a problem

3 …….. well it seems some feel more force is required to close Tesla doors than they are accustomed to. Wife and I got used to it pretty quick ….. and just occasionally need to encourage a passenger to show the door whose boss. Not a defect.

Are these normal:
1. slight gap between trunk and body panels
2. Rain water gets under frunk hood, around frunk outside of weather stripping, but not inside drunk
3. Driver door has to be slammed to close, was told this is due to weather stripping needs to be worn in.
Thoughts? Thanks!
I'll only speak to the first: you'd have to say more about where the gaps are (horizontal or vertical, left or right), but some "gaps" are user adjustable.

Reactions: HSATD
If it bothers you, I would open a service ticket. Unfortunately this is becoming the norm BUT the service advisor deals with these new delivery car issue often and majority are pretty good. It just sucks that the sales and delivery team just passes the buck To the service team to figure out and solve…