TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Are updates making Wh/mi worse?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by BestRadar, Mar 16, 2017.

1. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Over the first few months I have been averaging around 450 Wh/mi in the winter here in NJ. Over the past few weeks my averages are climbing quickly and I am now seeing over 600 Wh/mi trips. I have not changed anything and weather has been as cold as it was in the past and lows around 17. Is anyone else seeing a much higher consumption after the past few updates?

consumption.jpg

2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

I haven't had any issues related to this. You may wish to reach out to [email protected] about it.

3. MG1234

MG1234 Member

Photo shows limited regen.

A few quick suggestions picked up from experience and several threads here which have worked well for us:

- ensure resting cold tire pressure is topped up
    - warm up battery by charging for at least an hour prior to driving
    - if you can live with it, use heated seats and manually set heater fan speed from auto to 3 (this alone can have a very significant effect)