Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are we ever getting track mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
SJ
Any (new) news on track mode for the MYP? It still seems very odd to me that this feature hasn't been implemented when it is probably such a simple code fix (and already exists in a sister platform). At this point I have to assume that it won't be coming at all, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

Any (new) news on track mode for the MYP? It still seems very odd to me that this feature hasn't been implemented when it is probably such a simple code fix (and already exists in a sister platform). At this point I have to assume that it won't be coming at all, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
I'll ask Elon, brb.

It would be nice. A, sorry we made you wait so long for your reservation prize.

Reactions: BMWY
They did a bunch of testing with the M3P. The stability and TC "nannies" were tuned for that chassis, weight, and dynamics so I wouldn't assume it's just a flip of a switch. Yes, they could turn it on but all the TC wouldn't be optimal on the heavier and more top heavy MYP.
Now, that doesn't excuse the timeline as they have had more than enough time for Randy Probst or whomever to do the same with the MYP and it's just a matter of priorities, time, and money.

Reactions: BMWY
It's almost amusing that this article is now two years old:

It's almost amusing that this article is now two years old:

Yeah I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but track mode isn't coming to the MYP... They must have found something that they didn't like in their testing and scrapped it.

• Informative
Reactions: yeafoshizzle
I took my MYP to a track last weekend to learn some performance driving. A couple of guys with Model 3's were surprised that the MYP doesn't have track mode. But I will say that as a total novice (first time ever on a track), I thought the MYP handled great and I quickly gained confidence driving faster around the track. I would certainly want a track mode, but to be honest I probably wouldn't really know how to adjust it for best results on a track. For me it would just be a cool toy to have as I don't plan on too many track sessions per year, even though it was A LOT of fun.