TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are we in a lull between VIN's being assigned?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Oloron, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Oloron

Oloron Member

It was looking to me like the VIN's are getting assigned in batches. Looking on modelxtracker, there was a very large group of VIN's assigned up until a little over 2 weeks ago. There are a few stragglers after that, but it's never totally clear if that is the date it was actually assigned or the date the person first noticed that it had been assigned.

So, I was wondering what the last date that someone had been assigned a VIN - if after March 15th. Anyone in the last week?

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I am also waiting for a VIN on my 90D, I upgraded from the 70D on the 11th but they didn't submit the changes until the 18th so I don't have a VIN

3. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

There is a small possibility that they are waiting for the Model 3 reveal where new options become available for the X. However, the closer we get to the event, the more skeptical I become of this theory.