Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are we like the red-headed step kids with regards to getting software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canada at this moment.

CleanShot 2021-11-07 at 14.27.59@2x.png

I haven’t received any either, I’ve been driving like a damn grandmaw to keep my driving score at 98
I’m in Vegas……
I just want the Sentury Live feature that lets u view from ur iPhone. Ughhh
If you cross into Mexico or Canada your score will reset apparently.

I got 2021.40 Thursday last week, but I don’t see the Sentry Live yet. Just did an update to my phone over the weekend so I’ll poke around some more.

Heyo,

Are you an M3 owner as well? Just curious. Got my car in late September and wondering why the updates are so staggered.
The updates are issued in a rolling fashion. Not everyone gets it at the same time. They deploy to smaller batches first to make sure there are no major issues then the deployment size increases in batches after that. It’s the luck of the draw where you’ll be in those batches.

Have you manually checked for updates? Two of the last three I received didn’t download until I manually checked from the car.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
The updates are issued in a rolling fashion. Not everyone gets it at the same time. They deploy to smaller batches first to make sure there are no major issues then the deployment size increases in batches after that. It’s the luck of the draw where you’ll be in those batches.

Have you manually checked for updates? Two of the last three I received didn’t download until I manually checked from the car.
I am not aware of a way to check in the car, other than selecting “Software” after choosing the car option. Is there something I’m missing? Thank you.

I am not aware of a way to check in the car, other than selecting “Software” after choosing the car option. Is there something I’m missing? Thank you.
Yeah that's basically it. It'll check once you get to that menu and scroll down to the bottom. If it pauses on "checking for updates" for more than a few seconds then chances are one will start downloading.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
For those of you wondering, Sentry Live is not released in Canada. I was updated to 2021.40 and had the same issue many experienced with the car showing it was still downloading an update even though 2021.40 was installed. Since a scroll wheel reset did not fix the issue I put a service call in and they reset the car remotely which fixed that download error. I took the opportunity to ask them about Sentry Live and they responded it is not available in Canada. They did not say if this was indefinitely or just delayed for later. Their exact wording was, "Currently is only available in the US". My assumption is that it would be easier for Tesla to roll out the same update for all of North America rather than separate ones for the US vs Canada so that leads me to believe there is some issue for Sentry Live in Canada whether regulatory, agreement with data carriers, etc etc. Let's hope it's coming in a future update.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus and Qaazon