Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How exactly do you say that? The company is running on schedule, and is proving that they are executing as fit. The short volume that was released showed that only a very small amount of shorts covered. My guess is some institutional/hedge fund buys. Only answer for the huge volume. But that means they are expecting it to go beyond that. The price targets will only rise as we get closer to release. That's how it seems to work. I'm tempted to abandon ship and put it all in Apple, but now seems like the worst time to do it. It is seriously overdue for a technically bounce/ something from news or something. Where is Blankenship?

Many believe Tesla will stumble, and that the longer Tesla takes to realize it, the worse the stumble will be. If they knew Tesla was putting July delivery dates on contracts, they'd short even more.

From what I've read, auto industry insiders predict problems with vehicle weight, NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), and cost to produce.

Cali, there is absolutely nothing that Blankenship do to affect the stock price. Other than perhaps quitting of course.

There are so many challenges that Tesla needs to overcome between now and deliveries that the only large impact will likely be the delivery of solid cars to rave reviews. If they can deliver a few in the last week of June, so much the better.

Tesla has a LOT of work to do on fit/finish and software. Let's just hope they can getterdone by July!

In theory if deliveries are to be expected in July, they must be beginning production now (Which the emails indicate they are). When I talked to Tesla they mentioned they won't have a safety rating until a certain number of cars have been produced, after which a random selection are chosen for testing. Is this right? I'm not sure if I understood this correctly.

In theory if deliveries are to be expected in July, they must be beginning production now (Which the emails indicate they are). When I talked to Tesla they mentioned they won't have a safety rating until a certain number of cars have been produced, after which a random selection are chosen for testing. Is this right? I'm not sure if I understood this correctly.

Yes, but, this is all still "pre-production" - the beta/test cars that we've seen, the ones probably sent to NHTSA and EPA and so on. "Production" really entails cars that would be delivered to customers and that's happening in late July as of now. So, potential bounce/sink points for the stock between now and July:

1) NHTSA crash test ratings
2) EPA MPGe rating
3) Reviews by car industry analysts
4) Misc factors - exec departures, acts of God, etc.

If you believe that 1), 2) and 3) will go well (and that 4) is unlikely), then, hold on to TSLA; otherwise, please move on to AAPL - there's less perceived risk and a practically guaranteed upside there given the upcoming iPhone 5 release.

... I'm tempted to abandon ship and put it all in Apple, but now seems like the worst time to do it.
The people who consistently lose in the stock market are the ones who buy because they are enthusiastic when the price goes way up, and then sell because they get discouraged when the price goes way down.

As for what the price "should" be, do your numbers: Figure out the ROI based on selling 20,000 Model S cars a year against the total capitalization of the company and then see what price per share yields an acceptable percentage on the stock price.

Until you do that, any number you think it "should" be at is as arbitrary as my $26. What's so special about $35 or $40 that makes it more reasonable than $20? There are a LOT of people out there who expect Tesla to fail due to the inherent limitations on electric cars, and they will pull the price down. Tesla will probably not be widely recognized as a solid company until Bluestar is in production and showing healthy sales, and the Model S, Model X, and Bluestar are demonstrating good quality and reliability. Until then, TSLA is not going to skyrocket, though each successful model will push it up a bit.

This is not going to be an overnight success like when Lotus 123 came out for the Apple computer. The true big winners will be the folks who buy one of these great cars and get to drive electric. And even the early Apple investors had to wait a long time before their investments paid off.

... Could my Chicken Drop Theory have been wrong this time?
That depends. What number did your chicken drop in?

I can't log into my account. Will an admin please message me.
Cali: This is one thread out of hundreds, or maybe thousands on the board. Don't expect a mod to see your post. PM a mod directly.

Follow this link: shortinterest.com

It's showing 24.23m as the April number with a decrease of 3.27% in the ratio.
tsla shorts.jpg

Nasdaq numbers are the only official number available.

Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com