Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you financing to get the Model S?

How much, if any, are you financing for the model S?

• Yes I am financing for the bulk of my purchase

Votes: 75 36.1%
  • Yes I am financing, but for less then half of the purchase

Votes: 21 10.1%
  • Yes, I am financing for nearly half

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • I am not financing at all

Votes: 81 38.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I talked to my local credit union (First Tech) who I've been with for 20 years and really like and showed them the PenFed page and asked what they could do for me. They sent it off to the corporate folks to look at and came back with an offer of 1.99% (dropped from their normal 2.99%). That was good enough for me, the .5% is worth it for me to stay with them. I've got an excellent credit rating, so I'm sure that helped.

So, if you've got a local bank or CU you really like, it can't hurt to see what accommodations they might make.

Sweet! I've been banking with them for years, but didn't know they'd do stuff like that.

BTW, how far ahead should one do this? I'm pretty sure I'll get my S before June or so, don't want to wait too late, but I've never applied for a car loan without actually having a car ready to buy.

Sweet! I've been banking with them for years, but didn't know they'd do stuff like that.

BTW, how far ahead should one do this? I'm pretty sure I'll get my S before June or so, don't want to wait too late, but I've never applied for a car loan without actually having a car ready to buy.
They said the rate would be good for 60 days, so no point in lining things up any earlier than that.

Realizing that issue with NADA, has anyone actually cleared a loan with PenFed?

I have one in the suspended animation of an application now for 2 days. When I call, I'm instructed that I'm not allowed to speak directly to a loan officer, but have to relay messages through the phone-jockey who answers the phone. Ditto for being able to send an e-mail. And when they give me instructions or promises, they are not allowed to put it in writing in the form of an e-mail, fax, carrier pigeon, etc., nor do they have things they are saying about a "Purchase Loan" vs. a "Title Loan" on their web site.

I guess with a 1.49% loan, customer service suffers! :cursing: