Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you in PA, and have you been able to order yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’ll also be slightly less than $1750 because PA, in their infinite wisdom, taxes you on the EV “rebate” as income (lolz)

(I get it, but just make the amount of the rebate less rather than sending me the equivalent of a 1099!)

I had a good laugh when I got the 1099 for the rebate so I can get taxed on it by the state... :p Forgot the OA mentioning that when we ordered our X last year.

Congrats and enjoy! The white S a block from me on Kater St and is garaged.
The Cherry Hill location is both Sales and Service and is located on Rt. 70 near Haddonfield Rd. Down the street from Wegmans.

I own a rowhouse but unfortunately I don't have a garage but there is street parking right in front of my house. Since the city did away with the EV parking/charging program I MAY still install a charging station in front of my house without the guarantee of a parking space. I am lucky enough to have taken early retirement so I have the time to move the car when the space in front of my house opens. It also means I don't need to drive or move the car daily.

Yes, I've met that owner too!
I'm bummed the City did away with the EV Parking space thing but understand why, mathematically, it was not sustainable. I've volunteered my time to be on the EV Task Force with City Council to help inform future EV Charging policy. I'm hopeful that the city is at least thinking ahead. And yes as you know, you're allowed to have a charger out front of your house, just not the signs that designate it EV only.

Yes, I've met that owner too!
I'm bummed the City did away with the EV Parking space thing but understand why, mathematically, it was not sustainable. I've volunteered my time to be on the EV Task Force with City Council to help inform future EV Charging policy. I'm hopeful that the city is at least thinking ahead. And yes as you know, you're allowed to have a charger out front of your house, just not the signs that designate it EV only.
That's great that you're looking to be involved the the city's formation of its' new EV policy.

I was going to PM you but then thought my questions would be helpful to anyone. As a newbie with regard to EVs I think the most confusing aspect of all this is charging a vehicle and all the different standards and private charging networks. While I have read many different articles tbh i still find it all very confusing. For instance I just realized Tesla vehicles cannot charge at Chademo chargers? Is that correct? Is there a EV Charging for Dummys - type article either on this forum or else where?

My second question to you pertains to what should a Tesla vehicle owner that lives in Center City/South Philly area without a garage do about charging his Tesla car? I have signed up to the various apps that locate charging stations and I know many in our area are within paid parking lots (The closest to me would be the parking garage of the Acme Supermarket on South St.) Can I use the chargers at Ikea? Does that make any sense? It's all a bit confusing!

It's been 1 week after ordering - no news so far... radio silence. is this the norm?
In 2016 I placed my order, and heard absolutely nothing for 4 months. The first contact was a phone call when the MX was ready for pickup.
Edit: by the way, this is not a complaint. It didn't bother me in the least because getting weekly or monthly calls/emails would not have made the car arrive any earlier. The "pickup" phone call was a pleasant surprise.

They are, I took Delivery of our S at Devon in August 2016.

Interesting.. took delivery in late June 2016 and got a California temporary registration and needed to go to a Auto Tag place to pay tax and get plates. Must have become PENNDOT agency right after I bought. For my 3 delivery, they took care of plates and registration, you still need to get PA safety inspection done within 2 weeks. Took it to AAA the next day and 30 minutes and $30 later, good to go.

Anyone here used a PSECU Auto Draft w/Tesla?
How does PSECU's AutoDraft work? - PSECU

Just trying to be super prepared. Back in 2015, PSECU made me change it to "private sale" or something because Tesla wasn't "a dealer"... PSECU also asked for photos of the 'engine'... lol.

thanks!

Nope, I’m a PSECU member but got a better rate from FPCU (1.99 for 60 months). I did apply for the $50 PECO rebate but they told me it needed to be a plug in car to qualify.....

Ok, so it still needs inspected. ugh. I wonder if we can have them do it at the Volvo dealer across the street, same day, just to get this all done fast.

Any trusted mechanic should be able to do that part. I have local guys that I've used for about 5 years now. When I got it I brought it to them for inspection it went about like this:

Mechanic: "Oh sweet, (lots of tesla excitement)"
Me: "Yeah, so what do we need for inspection?"
Mechanic: "You just got it today?"
Me: "Yeah"
Mechanic: "Any issues?"
Me: "Nope"
Mechanic": "Ok, here you go"

It's just a stupid money grab by PA. Waste of time. If 19083 isn't crazy stupid out of the way for you I can give you the info.