Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you in PA, and have you been able to order yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woowoo, my dad configured his car (we did it on my account) on Feb 3rd. I logged in today and we've got a VIN.

He'll be taking delivery in Richmond, VA of VIN # 6221 at a date to be determined. His first "nice" car, super excited for him.

everyone-has-model-3-but-me-urge-to-kill-rising.jpg

I configured on January 17th, and was scheduled to pick up the car today — would have been 1 day short of 4 weeks. I got the call on February 5th.

Unfortunately, got a call this morning (delivery day) that the car did not pass final inspection, and a part will need to be ordered with no ETA on when the part will come, when the car can be scheduled to be repaired, or when a delivery can be rescheduled. Pretty bummed. Hurried up to arrange financing, got the trade-in appraised, listed the car on eBay, switched my winter tires off for summers (for more trade in value) over the past week to make it to today, and now the waiting continues!

I don’t know how many more days my gas tank will last — I thought I had bought gas for a car I owned for the last time!

Reactions: Xenius
I configured on January 17th, and was scheduled to pick up the car today — would have been 1 day short of 4 weeks. I got the call on February 5th.

Unfortunately, got a call this morning (delivery day) that the car did not pass final inspection, and a part will need to be ordered with no ETA on when the part will come, when the car can be scheduled to be repaired, or when a delivery can be rescheduled. Pretty bummed. Hurried up to arrange financing, got the trade-in appraised, listed the car on eBay, switched my winter tires off for summers (for more trade in value) over the past week to make it to today, and now the waiting continues!

I don’t know how many more days my gas tank will last — I thought I had bought gas for a car I owned for the last time!

Oh that is such a bummer...All the built up excitement. Hang in there... Hope things work out. Whats a few days more after a 2 year wait. Remember the line is really long back there :)

Reactions: Xenius
order submitted!!! omgz! lolz. IKR.!

Says 3-6 weeks for delivery. gonna need some drugs, else I wont sleep for about... 3-6 weeks...

Glad to see this from you...because I just got an email about configuring the order I put in on Jan 3rd, OF THIS YEAR. I didn't want to post it here for fear you'd come on over to Havertown and murder me to death.

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
How long until they call about my trade in?
Where will I see the VIN?

Right when you log into your MyTesla account, instead of RN# next to the picture of your Model 3, it will show a VIN. When you click Manage, it shows under the reservation number. For me, after the car was assigned a transporter I got a call from a Las Vegas #. They start the ball rolling on financing and trade-in. Shortly after that I got a call from the Tesla store to schedule delivery (7-10 days out from the call).

They text you a link to fill out a condition form for the trade-in, then get you a number 24-48 hours later. You may consider trying CarMax (have to bring the car in), VROOM (similar to Tesla's appraisal), KBB Instant Cash Offer, or Carvana for some second (and third and fourth) offers on your trade-in. CarMax offered 2k above Tesla, and Tesla is matching it (with 6% sales tax benefit on trade). Carvana gave the best offer for me.

PA Model X owner here. Was planning to wait for the AWD Model 3 but this might be tempting if orders for existing owners are moving this quickly and to still get the full $7,500 fed tax credit.

Edit: scratch my earlier comment on the PA $1,750 state rebate which is now limited to <$50k cars.

Last edited: