Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you in PA, and have you been able to order yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to give you guys a level set, I’ve had a VIN since 4/9 and my ISA has been in contact each week since then keeping me updated. After some back and forth on “target” dates for the car reaching Devon ...the latest...as of today is for it to reach PA on 5/2...and my delivery is currently set for 5/5. This is a bit longer than I had obviously hoped since getting the VIN and having ISA contact so quickly afterwards...but alas it is now what it is.
This time frame could vary depending on your configuration and probably based on how you pay for it and maybe even if you have a trade in....
I have a (nominal) trade in and used Tesla finance for a portion of the cost and will have a cashiers check for the rest.

I'll be getting mine from Devon on 5/4. If I see a Red Aero with EAP, i'll be sure to leave a note :)

Reactions: Justmurr
It has something to do with them not being registered as an official PA state inspection location, which would then require they offer inspection to ALL vehicles, not just Tesla, which they want to avoid. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but that’s what they told me.

Be sure to get yours done within about 10 days. I incorrectly thought it was 60 days (whoops!) but just stopped by our local mechanic on a quiet day with coffee and donuts and he took care of us within 20 minutes.

It has something to do with them not being registered as an official PA state inspection location, which would then require they offer inspection to ALL vehicles, not just Tesla, which they want to avoid. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but that’s what they told me.

Be sure to get yours done within about 10 days. I incorrectly thought it was 60 days (whoops!) but just stopped by our local mechanic on a quiet day with coffee and donuts and he took care of us within 20 minutes.

Does anyone have a recommendation for inspection around the West Chester area? I am paranoid about taking it to just anyone now that I have read that thread about the underside being damage with an improper lift.

On a positive note, I got an email from my ISA tonight. Tentative delivery the week of the 7th in Devon!

Reactions: IslandGirl
I asked this same question to my ISA, it’s true that it’s on us to get the PA inspection sticker within 10days as the service center is not registered to provide them. So I’m also looking for a place to take mine. I don’t have my own local mechanic since Ive driving a beater Volvo and just using jiffy lube, pep boys and the like to get through the past 2yrs. Before that I used the dealers from which my car was purchased.

Need a local guy or recommendations for somewhere in the Lehigh Valley or KOP areas.

I keep updating this thread. I picked up yesterday. Car is immaculate except for some minor scuffs where the key card rests. IMO, they probably should have taken that into consideration and used a slightly more durable material and finish. The piano black makes it stand out a bit. Anywho, its mostly covered by the center arm rest console, so I'm really not concerned about it. Delivery took about 45 minutes or so and I had the vehicle inspected at Great Valley Auto in Malvern shortly after. They basically took an odo reading and slapped a sticker on there.

The car is insanely fun and worth the wait.

Has anyone applied for the PA rebate? I know first production cuts it really close, but with no additional options, you come in right under the cut off. I just tried to apply, but it looks like the site is under maintenance.

I keep updating this thread. I picked up yesterday. Car is immaculate except for some minor scuffs where the key card rests. IMO, they probably should have taken that into consideration and used a slightly more durable material and finish. The piano black makes it stand out a bit. Anywho, its mostly covered by the center arm rest console, so I'm really not concerned about it. Delivery took about 45 minutes or so and I had the vehicle inspected at Great Valley Auto in Malvern shortly after. They basically took an odo reading and slapped a sticker on there.

The car is insanely fun and worth the wait.

Has anyone applied for the PA rebate? I know first production cuts it really close, but with no additional options, you come in right under the cut off. I just tried to apply, but it looks like the site is under maintenance.
Congrats on getting your car!

I just got my VIN yesterday and will hopefully go through the same process as you soon. I am also going to try for the PA rebate. I wonder if they have hit their vehicle limit or will be increasing it during the year.

I assume you guys didn’t get ANY options? :(

I ordered Blue with Aero wheels, no EAP which put the price right at 50k. Unless I am misunderstanding the rebate that should qualify for the $1750 rebate. Adding EAP after the fact nets $750 since the price jumps by $1k after delivery. I called the state yesterday to confirm rebate status and they told me they have not seen anywhere near the 500 rebates come through. The women also told me the system would be down this weekend for maintenance.

I ordered Blue with Aero wheels, no EAP which put the price right at 50k. Unless I am misunderstanding the rebate that should qualify for the $1750 rebate. Adding EAP after the fact nets $750 since the price jumps by $1k after delivery. I called the state yesterday to confirm rebate status and they told me they have not seen anywhere near the 500 rebates come through. The women also told me the system would be down this weekend for maintenance.

I emailed them last week for confirmation regarding the rebate also. I will also be getting EAP after.

I'm just wondering how long it will take for it to process and confirm on an account once ordered. I read through an EAP thread after delivery not too long ago and there were conflicting answers even from the service center.

It depends if PA considers the $1k delivery charge past of MSRP. It should not.

It depends if PA considers the $1k delivery charge past of MSRP. It should not.

That was my confusion so I emailed them this was I would have written confirmation.

I was told they do not count delivery charge and as long as the options didn't take it over $50k, it will be fine.

I'm still waiting to hear/see anyone on one of these boards in PA that have successfully applied and recieved the rebate.