Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you in PA, and have you been able to order yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an email from a guy named Walt from the DoE in Harrisburg from back in October...he said
“tags and tax are not part of the MSRP but the desitination fee is.”

I didn’t want black,aero and no EAP so I wrote the whole thing off and decided to get what I wanted... eff em.
I will definitely look for a change to this regulation in the coming months, but I’m not hopeful.

I have an email from a guy named Walt from the DoE in Harrisburg from back in October...he said
“tags and tax are not part of the MSRP but the desitination fee is.”

I didn’t want black,aero and no EAP so I wrote the whole thing off and decided to get what I wanted... eff em.
I will definitely look for a change to this regulation in the coming months, but I’m not hopeful.

I had emailed my ISA on Friday and asked why the financing paperwork showed 51k when I was trying to keep it under 50k for the rebate. That stinks the destination fee counts! Oh well, guess I will add EAP right away......

On a more exciting note, maybe that Blue model 3 in Devon is mine! Wish they didn't cover the VINs :)

I had emailed my ISA on Friday and asked why the financing paperwork showed 51k when I was trying to keep it under 50k for the rebate. That stinks the destination fee counts! Oh well, guess I will add EAP right away......

On a more exciting note, maybe that Blue model 3 in Devon is mine! Wish they didn't cover the VINs :)

I also have an email but mine says that they do not count.

Lol, that was my original confusion in another thread. People we're being told conflicting things.

Question for those who already received their m3-how soon does the ISA contact you? I configured on 4/18 but received an email today saying that my delivery is delayed until June. Since Tesla no longer DISPLAYS VINs until 7 days before delivery will an ISA contact me before that? If so how far in advance? Thanks for any info regarding the sales process.

Question for those who already received their m3-how soon does the ISA contact you? I configured on 4/18 but received an email today saying that my delivery is delayed until June. Since Tesla no longer DISPLAYS VINs until 7 days before delivery will an ISA contact me before that? If so how far in advance? Thanks for any info regarding the sales process.[/Q
SO I did the shop Tesla trick and I was assigned a VIN!
0268XX
Invite & Config 4/18
Red. Aero, EAP
NO Email from a ISA yet
We will definitely request Cherry Hill for pickup

SO I did the shop Tesla trick and I was assigned a VIN!
0268XX
Invite & Config 4/18
Red. Aero, EAP
NO Email from a ISA yet
We will definitely request Cherry Hill for pickup

My experience is that when you have been assigned a VIN, that car is slated for a specific Delivery Center. In my case Devon. Asked about Cherry Hill, she said you would lose the VIN and the process starts over again. Even though the delivery points are that close together, they might as well be worlds apart according to Tesla’s logistics system! If you get different results, please let us know!

Question for those who already received their m3-how soon does the ISA contact you? I configured on 4/18 but received an email today saying that my delivery is delayed until June. Since Tesla no longer DISPLAYS VINs until 7 days before delivery will an ISA contact me before that? If so how far in advance? Thanks for any info regarding the sales process.
My VIN showed up via the Trick on 19 May, received an email from my ISA (Keshia) in the afternoon of 21 May. She did not tell me my VIN, in fact she said I would not have it until 72 hours before delivery! You should be hearing something very soon.

My experience is that when you have been assigned a VIN, that car is slated for a specific Delivery Center. In my case Devon. Asked about Cherry Hill, she said you would lose the VIN and the process starts over again. Even though the delivery points are that close together, they might as well be worlds apart according to Tesla’s logistics system! If you get different results, please let us know!
Thanks for the heads up. Cherry Hill is closer to where I live but either it s fine with me. I did enter in Cherry Hill's zip code when I configured, so we'll see if that had any bearing on it.
Just received our new 3D Maxspider car mats. Waiting on our new PA Vanity license plates - T3SLA M3
I was surprised This wasn't taken already in PA!

Thanks for the heads up. Cherry Hill is closer to where I live but either it s fine with me. I did enter in Cherry Hill's zip code when I configured, so we'll see if that had any bearing on it.
Just received our new 3D Maxspider car mats. Waiting on our new PA Vanity license plates - T3SLA M3
I was surprised This wasn't taken already in PA!

Yes, be careful. My ISA did not warn me of this. In fact, she led me astray regarding a tax issue (and I did not counter her) and we changed my delivery location. I had a VIN on 4/9 (177XX)...she changed the center and the VIN went away. I now have a new VIN (199XX) but I suspect my delivery was delayed. I sold my car based on having that VIN on 4/9 and expected delivery. Since then I have been cobbling together transportation using a combination of Uber, car rentals and the wife dropping me off. Not having the Model 3 is one thing but living in a suburb and having to get to work without a car is another. That said, the money I made on the car sale over the amount of the trade-in offer will cover about 6 months of Uber to and from work.

My VIN showed up via the Trick on 19 May, received an email from my ISA (Keshia) in the afternoon of 21 May. She did not tell me my VIN, in fact she said I would not have it until 72 hours before delivery! You should be hearing something very soon.
Received an email from ISA (also Keshia) late this afternoon and the delivery center will be Devon which will be fine. She didn't have an arrival date yet but hoped to have more information the end of the week or beginning of next week. It's getting real now!
Oh I was also able to recreate my entire VIN number using the last 6 digits discovered ; model 3 VIN Decoder article from electrek.com; and carfax.com. It's Digit #9, Identified as a Check Digit, that seems random. Several guesses using carfax and then they suggested the actual complete VIN!

Reactions: Dogwhistle
Oh I was also able to recreate my entire VIN number using the last 6 digits discovered ; model 3 VIN Decoder article from electrek.com; and carfax.com. It's Digit #9, Identified as a Check Digit, that seems random. Several guesses using carfax and then they suggested the actual complete VIN!

You can use this site:

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

It will tell you right away if the check digit (9th digit) is wrong and what the digit should be.

Received an email from ISA (also Keshia) late this afternoon and the delivery center will be Devon which will be fine. She didn't have an arrival date yet but hoped to have more information the end of the week or beginning of next week. It's getting real now!
I am shocked that ISA's are working today on a major holiday! Received an email this afternoon that my car is ready to schedule delivery! The ISA listed several dates at Devon which is a couple of days after I return from vacation! So far the process has been smooth as glass.
Reserved March 31 2016
Configured April 18 2018
VIN 268xx May 21 2018
Delivery June 9 2018
Red, Aero, RWD, LR, PUP

I am shocked that ISA's are working today on a major holiday! Received an email this afternoon that my car is ready to schedule delivery! The ISA listed several dates at Devon which is a couple of days after I return from vacation! So far the process has been smooth as glass.
Reserved March 31 2016
Configured April 18 2018
VIN 268xx May 21 2018
Delivery June 9 2018
Red, Aero, RWD, LR, PUP
Congrats. Another person in philly. Soon everyone will get theirs. :)