TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are you intending to reserve a Model 3?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by MikeBur, Feb 24, 2016.

?

How do you intend to reserve a Model 3?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2016.
  1. Seattle, WA

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Bellevue, WA

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Portland, OR

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Vancouver, B.C.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Online

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. Not intending to reserve

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Hi all,

i thought it'd be a bit of fun to ask this question as a poll, get a quick idea of how many of us are reserving at which store on March 31st, online on April 1st, or not.

Any others comments welcome in the thread.

cheers, Mike

2. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

I'm debating it, especially since it's only $1000.
    However, from the Model X experience, I've learned that the reservation number/order won't matter for delivery.

3. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

I'm hopeful there will be something for early adopters, maybe it's the rumored sig red, maybe something else?...

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I think I will wait a bit. I ordered my S about a year before production and got an early car with a lot of "missing" features. Fear the 3 will probably come out of the gate feature poor with things added fairly quickly as time goes on (similar to the S).

5. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

thanks

11 people only so far registered. Wondering if the belief many will turn up, to the point of lines in Bel-square are wishful thinking....

6. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

7. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

I love the wishful thinking, though if the ardent Tesla supporters on here are any indication, 50% intend to just reserve online. My own thinking here is to be there as much to chat and answer questions for prospective new customers as reserving one.

8. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

I'm planning to be in Bellevue on March 31st to get a reservation for my wife.

9. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Chatting yesterday with Tom (store manager for Bellevue) during X drive event that he expects stores to be inundated. I still fancy going... But, hey, I've waited in line for iPhone pick ups previously! :p

10. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

My last day at work will be the 31st but don't know what time I'll be done. I'm thinking about taking a Bolt bus down to Seattle to reserve using some of my severance. (I don't have a car) How's that for dedication? I know it doesn't make any sense but it would be great to be a part of this.

11. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

I know this is all speculation, but if the reveal isn't until the evening of the 31st, would in-store reservations wait until the reveal? I've tried to look through some of the other threads on the topic without success.

12. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

Guess I asked a few hours early. From the e-mail I received from Tesla today offering an entry to a drawing for the reveal event:

"Model 3 reservations will open to the public in Tesla stores at 10am Pacific on March 31st. A website live stream with online reservations will begin at 8:30pm Pacific the same day."​

13. donv

donv Member

I'm considering it. No so much for me, but my daughter will be in college by then and my son will be pretty far along in his college career (he's a high school senior this year), and it might make sense for one of them. Having one on order gives us the flexibility to take it if it makes sense, or let it go. Optionality...

14. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

So, we're now less than a week away. Are people staying off the voting as the intend to go, though want to put others off? ;-)

Btw Brianman mentioned yesterday that BelSquare only owns at 7am, with no possibility of camping out...

15. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

I intend to go to Bellevue with a friend on the 31st. He is an Mercedes owner and is going to make a deposit on the Model 3.

16. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Great! Does make me wonder what is going to be seen of the 3 at 10am, on the 31st, when there's no reveal until much later that day... Please TM: just take my money ;-)

17. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

Thought the mall opened at 9:30am?

18. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Tesla Bellevue store hours show 9:30am, via Bellevue-Bellevue Square | Tesla Motors yes. Maybe call and check? Trying to get back home wed night as it'll be fun, right? :)

19. Villa-Lobos

Villa-Lobos Member

Did mine on-line 3/31! My wife is Psyched even though we already have a 2 Model S!