Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you interested in a white Y with black interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
If you're interested in getting a model Y within the next couple of months, read on. Otherwise stop reading here.

I have a Y reservation that I paid $100 for. I have been asked to take delivery twice (given 2 VINs) and I have told Tesla I'm not ready. I have until August 15th to tell Tesla I'm ready to take delivery or my reservation will be cancelled. It turns out I got one from inventory in May, so I don't need this reservation anymore.
Tesla says I can transfer the reservation but I cannot alter the configuration. It's a basic white exterior and black interior, long range, dual motor, 2020 version. My reservation price is $3,000 below the current Tesla price. Plus, Tesla model Y delivery now is December. Mine is likely to be late August or September.
If you are interested, I'll sell you my reservation for $1,100 ($1,000 plus my $100 reservation fee. Tesla tells me, once you have a tesla account, they will be able to transfer the reservation to you.

Thanks,
Peter

So you have delayed delivery twice because you were not ready, yet you were ready to buy the car from inventory? Just take the $100 loss. You don't expect some poor sap to send over 1k for the promise of an early reservation from someone who's only posts on this forum are related to this shenanigan? Let me guess, we send you the money and hope you are able to transfer the reservation. Who's going to take that risk with such a sketchy story?

(Edited) Ok, just saw even your username relates to this transaction "TooManyYs". Definitely a SCAM.

Last edited:
d5r36z5-73f7d35d-9766-45d0-bb18-812a140b1089.gif

My spider-sense is tingling. Danger!

So you have delayed delivery twice because you were not ready, yet you were ready to buy the car from inventory? Just take the $100 loss. You don't expect some poor sap to send over 1k for the promise of an early reservation from someone who's only posts on this forum are related to this shenanigan? Let me guess, we send you the money and hope you are able to transfer the reservation. Who's going to take that risk with such a sketchy story?

(Edited) Ok, just saw even your username relates to this transaction "TooManyYs". Definitely a SCAM.
No, I'll transfer the reservation first.

I have 2 Ys. and a reservation for a 3rd. This was an argument between me and my wife. She wants to get the white/black long range and I want to keep the white/white standard range that I found in inventory. I won the argument, so now I have a reservation I don't need.
Reservation was put in May 15. Inventory delivery was May 23rd. I had to grab the inventory car and Tesla wouldn't let me then transfer the reservation, so I kept it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wolfhausen
Wait, let me get this straight... You are asking someone to take a 1K loss (2k vice 3k Final Price when you get your 1K...) to do you a favor because you couldn't pull the trigger on an agreement you made and have now put off a couple times?

Cummmahhhhhn, bra... Take your capitalist venture elsewhere.

S
It’s not that I couldn’t pull the trigger. I have 2 Model Ys. The second I got out of inventory. Since Tesla wouldn’t let me cancel the reservation and refund me the $100 order fee, I kept it. I’ve been asking family and friends if they want it. The answer was yes if they can change the configuration, but Tesla will reprice the reservation at the current price if I make any changes. So I’ve just been delaying taking delivery, which they are allowing me to do up to 90 days. That will be up this month. Current price is $53,990 with December delivery. My reservation is for $50,990 with delivery likely this month or next. I’ll transfer the reservation and the new holder of the reservation can verify it is in his or her account before asking for any funds.

Still lame. Good luck!

SS
I’m sorry. I just joined the group to post this reservation. I don’t know why you call this lame. I would transfer the reservation BEFORE I would ask for any $. I have no guarantee that I would be paid. If I’m not paid, I’m not out any more than my $100 reservation fee. I was trying to help someone get into a Model Y sooner and for less $. It’s a freak that I have this reservation, but I can explain the entire process that got me here.

I’m sorry. I just joined the group to post this reservation. I don’t know why you call this lame. I would transfer the reservation BEFORE I would ask for any $. I have no guarantee that I would be paid. If I’m not paid, I’m not out any more than my $100 reservation fee. I was trying to help someone get into a Model Y sooner and for less $. It’s a freak that I have this reservation, but I can explain the entire process that got me here.
You are such a hero, you are trying to help someone get into a model Y while gettin into their pockets, do you introduce yourself as Charity at fundraising events as well? You know to help out.

Not sure why you’re getting hammered for this. It should be a win win if the reservation will transfer and this is legit. You get $1k and someone else saves $2k and the wait time. You could probably buy the car and resell for more than you pay, assuming you don’t have to pay sales taxes.

Reactions: TooManyYs

Not a SCAM.

I just think it's hilarious the OP has -3 thumbs up...I've never seen that in any forum 😂
I have never joined a forum until now. Strange how three people who don’t know me think I’m scamming. This is totally honest. And so am I. My wife tells me all the time aim too honest. I could just let this reservation expire, but why not try to help someone.

You are such a hero, you are trying to help someone get into a model Y while gettin into their pockets, do you introduce yourself as Charity at fundraising events as well? You know to help out.
Tesla gets $3,000 less for the car than if a new order was placed today. I’m getting $1,000 and the car’s buyer is saving $2,000 (plus sales tax on the $3,000 discount), so this is a win-win.
4 people have contacted me about this. The transfer has been started with the first person after we got comfortable with each other.