Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you interested in a white Y with black interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, as a new member myself, how is this not a win-win for both parties as long as the reservation gets transferred first? I am not familiar with the Tesla reservation system. (All I know is that I am in a long line with no delivery date yet :)

Just curious, as a new member myself, how is this not a win-win for both parties as long as the reservation gets transferred first? I am not familiar with the Tesla reservation system. (All I know is that I am in a long line with no delivery date yet :)
I've been a member for a few months now, and also do not understand why the o/p is getting the third degree here
for giving someone the opportunity of not having to wait so long for their delivery.
The o/p is the one that has the most to lose, as he says the transfer will be done before any $$ changes hands.
How I ask is this a scam. You can go online to check if it indeed has been transferred before paying o/p.
You guys are pretty rough on a guy trying to help someone else, and make a few $$ in exchange.
I don't see a problem here.

I've been a member for a few months now, and also do not understand why the o/p is getting the third degree here
for giving someone the opportunity of not having to wait so long for their delivery.
The o/p is the one that has the most to lose, as he says the transfer will be done before any $$ changes hands.
How I ask is this a scam. You can go online to check if it indeed has been transferred before paying o/p.
You guys are pretty rough on a guy trying to help someone else, and make a few $$ in exchange.
This whole idea is no longer valid. Although the Tesla sales rep wrote me twice that I could transfer the reservation, when she attempted to do it, she was informed the reservation cannot be transferred

Tesla gets $3,000 less for the car than if a new order was placed today. I’m getting $1,000 and the car’s buyer is saving $2,000 (plus sales tax on the $3,000 discount), so this is a win-win.
4 people have contacted me about this. The transfer has been started with the first person after we got comfortable with each other.
I've got a similar reservation I wont be using before the $10k price increase on the MS. Were you able to transfer? I've heard you can and you cant.

Hi Everyone,
I just joined this forum to try to make $1,000 on my reservation that I no longer needed and get someone into a Y sooner than Tesla’s lead time at a $2,000+ savings. I was contacted by many people with good intent. As of last week, the transaction closed and someone in need of a long range model Y took delivery.
The process required us to trust each other and took a lot of coordination between Tesla, me, and the buyer. I’m glad someone made use of the reservation that I no longer needed.
I won’t go through this again. But next time you see someone with a reservation they no longer need, assume it’s legit if you’re interested. If it’s not, no need to comment.

Peter Breger

• Disagree
Reactions: Zorg and Wolfhausen
So you have delayed delivery twice because you were not ready, yet you were ready to buy the car from inventory? Just take the $100 loss. You don't expect some poor sap to send over 1k for the promise of an early reservation from someone who's only posts on this forum are related to this shenanigan? Let me guess, we send you the money and hope you are able to transfer the reservation. Who's going to take that risk with such a sketchy story?

(Edited) Ok, just saw even your username relates to this transaction "TooManyYs". Definitely a SCAM.
Not a scam. Totally legit

Tesla gets $3,000 less for the car than if a new order was placed today. I’m getting $1,000 and the car’s buyer is saving $2,000 (plus sales tax on the $3,000 discount), so this is a win-win.
4 people have contacted me about this. The transfer has been started with the first person after we got comfortable with each other.
congrats... where are you located? how was it transferred? curious minds.